TechSpot

What is a good video card for this?

By mysvxrocks
Jul 22, 2007
  1. Im putting together a computer for a friend of mine, and so far it has the Athlon XP 2800 CPU, with the Shuttle AN25/N Ultra mobo, and a gig of ram. Everything is all up and running, but he wants to put a good video card in it. I know what he really wants to be able to do is to play Oblivion. Hes not going for a high resolution, just 1024x768. So the question is this... Which video card would be a good match for this system, without bottlenecking the CPU? Any help on this would be great, I just dont want to go out and spend $120 on a video card, thats just going to bottleneck the system. -Dennis

2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

At Tiger Direct the Nvidia 7600 GT OC is a 256mb card w/128bits. Core clock is 580mhz, memory clock 1450 mhz with a memory bandwidth of 23.2 GB/sec. Good numbers for your $120 price that you mentioned. It's $144.99 but has a $30 rebate.($114.99). For that price range you won't do much better. Good Luck.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.