What is a server?

learninmypc

About 10 days I lost my internet connection & so numerous times I'd check my email on my iphone/ipad & it would continually say last checked 08/08/16 can't connect to the server. Yet I'd go to the local library & using their free wifi I'd get my email.
Returning home it would continue to say can't connect to the server with same date showing so the question I'm asking is, does each ISP have have a different server or what? Yes, I wish I had screenshots, but just curious & Thanks :)

We use what is called the client the client / server model for EVERYTHING that requires "the internet" - - email, FB, Google, and even TS. Your system is the Client and what you connect to is the Server.

Basically, every connect (like your email account and url) connects to a server and they're almost all unique.
However, you must be able to connect to your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to get to anything and without it, you get nothing.
So the question is, are you failing only to access email but still able to access websites, like TS?

Back