What is a Video Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kOrNhOlE

After i installed Diablo 2 it said i needed directx 6.1 or newer. I downloaded 9.0c and it said i needed the Video driver to go with it. I dont know wat that is. Also when i try to open d2 this message appears. "Error 22: A critical error has occured when initializing directdraw" I think i need directx to support that but i thought id say it anyway incase it helps anyone come up with a solution or any information that i might be able to use. Ne of this would be greatly apreaciated.
Thank you.

Clownbeard@yahoo.com

You need to look on the box or in the installation instructions to see if your computer meets the minimum specs, as to graphics card requirment. If you could tell us a little bit about your computer we might be of more help.

Edit: I see you must have found out your solution in one of the two other threads on this same subject.

Edit 2: Three other threads.

Your comp specs

Hey dude..... uhhh ok heres your problem right now.

We dont know what your video card is.

Also, if u didnt have directx6.1 id have to say that maybe your card is not directx9 combatible.

A video driver is the piece of software that runs your hardware (in layman terms)

And about directdraw not working.. well i know with my graphics card i think i have a problem playing d2 with direct3d so i only use directdraw which is basically lower quality graphics (my friend and i have been stumped on that problem for quite a while)

Uhhh.. if u post another telling ur cards specs ill tell u how to fix it bcuz ur case is a lot simpler than most..... and that wasnt meant to be offensive if u did find it offensive

hey im new and my comp just got reformatted and when i try to play world world of warcraft it says to check if my video driver is up-to-date, but b4 when it was reformatted it can play just perfectly

hey im new and my comp just got reformatted and when i try to play world world of warcraft it says to check if my video driver is up-to-date, but b4 when it was reformatted it can play just perfectly

you should find out which video card you're using then see if there are more updated drivers...if you're using windows xp...downloading sp2 or directx 9 might help you out...

How To Update Drivers

K dude since u just reformatted ur comp u deleted all of the updates that were for ur video card. The driver is the piece of software that runs your comp.... since u were playing world of warcraft with no problems b4 all u have to do is go to the website of the company that made your video card.. like Nvidia or ATI .. there should be a section that talks about drivers and select the group that matches your card and it should then update your drivers. IF you would tell me wat your video card is then i may be able to give you a more in depth answer and step by step instructions to the website and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back