what is best pci card for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a new hp and of course no agp slot, so instead of doing like i should and replace mobo i am going with a pci card. I was just wondering what the best one would be. I am into online gaming and know the proper solution to my problem but am trying to get by until early next year. Which one do i need? I've been looking at radeon 9100.

My roommate got the PCI slotted Nvidia PNY Verto 5200 FX....5 months later it's dead...no signal....peace out.

That's all I have to say about that, thanks.

SCHIZ!

The Radeon 9100 is probably the best choice if you need a PCI card. It's probably the best one for gamers who don't have an AGP slot. Go with it.

You planning to upgrade anytime soon? Having AGP graphics will make a difference in performance, but if you're not too concerned, just stick with the advice for getting a 9100. Not too up to date on what will be good on the PCI market.

guys you have been more than helpful.. I will soon update to a agp card but i need performance now to keep me going. So thanks for the input you have made my decision easier...

what you could do is get a nforce 2 mobo with vga input (geforce 4 mx) isnt really that good but probably better than what you got, it comes with agp 8x just upgrade a agp card when you can afford it,

or you could jsut screw getting a vga mobo and get a normal nforce2 mcp-t with a agp 8x and get a 9600xt to go with it, better doing that then getting some pci card

Consider the fact that if he were to do that, he would most likely have to by a new case & power supply, processor, memory and operating system which would cost much more over the mere $70 or so that he would need to get a Radeon 9100.

Besides, the Radeon 9100 is DX8.1 compliant while the GeForce4 MX is only DX7... if he were to get the other option you recommended it would cost him about another $170 or so on top of the already high price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back