What is "cannont create renderer"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help! I just installed a game (still life) on the computer and far as i know it installed ok and I put the "play" cd in and it pops up a little icon that says "cannot create renderer" and it wont play. So what is a rendeder and is it something I can buy or activate on the computer or what do I need to do???? oh help me smart people for I am stuck!

You should post this on the Games forum.

For both of you, you need to update your graphics drivers OR buy a better graphics card.
Check the minimum PC requirements for that game.

Hey,
first update your DirectX to 9.0c.
Once you have done that, make sure youre graphics card drivers are up to date.
And third , are you sure you meet the requirements (especially the graphic card requirements)?

The renderer error is usually connected with old or incompatible drivers (or an old g. card that doesnt support T&L, or the required minimum PS or VS version).

I hope you manage to fix your problem.

cannot create renderer error

I'll tell you all what... this was driving me nuts, the "cannot create renderer, please reinstall game" error.

I fixed my problem by uninstalling Flash 9.0 and installing Flash 8.0. It was hard to figure out but the game work perfectly now.

To uninstall any flash program: http://www.adobe.com/go/14157

flashplayer8r24_winax.exe to get the version 8.

Hope this helps your problem. I am happy as a lark now since I figured out mine. No one could figure this out for me, I did it myself, yea... dummy me.

I have a new Dell computer so I knew the video card was not outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back