What is drawback of chipset 945G Vs 945P

Status
Not open for further replies.

engman2000

I'd like 2 know one problem With 945G(with built-in graphic port) Vs 945P without it,Than catch its memory from system Ram.
----------------------------------------------------
Than tell me your opinion about This system PC:
Processor: Intel-930-3.0Ghz/4Mb cash with 800Mhz FSB
M.B: Gigabyte GA-945G-S3
HD: WD 80GB, Model: WD800JD
Ram: Kingston 512Mb/667Mhz.
Optical Drive: Sony Combo Drive
Welcome For all suggestions With reasonable.

No significant advantage nor disadvantage. Just a model upgrade in the very fine 945 graphic series which enables a slightly improved motherboard. "Catching" its memory would serve what purpose? It would certain slow performance of certain video graphics operations.

What?? On-board video always shares system RAM, no matter what chipset is used. You can eliminate this sharing by installing a separate video card. If you are a heavy gamer, I would suggest that you use a separate video card and not use on-board video at all.

The PC seems to be ok. Why are you asking for opinions? Are you going to build it?

insuficiente!...as the say in Spain

engman2000 said:
I'd like 2 know one problem With 945G(with built-in graphic port) Vs 945P without it,Than catch its memory from system Ram.
----------------------------------------------------
Than tell me your opinion about This system PC:
Processor: Intel-930-3.0Ghz/4Mb cash with 800Mhz FSB
M.B: Gigabyte GA-945G-S3
HD: WD 80GB, Model: WD800JD
Ram: Kingston 512Mb/667Mhz.
Optical Drive: Sony Combo Drive
Welcome For all suggestions With reasonable.
The 512MB of RAM is insufficient no matter whether you're using external graphics or with the (more so) onboard controller. As I keep pointing out, Newegg is almost giving RAM away this month. If and when you reach 2 Gigs installed , then the comfort/value of having (a back-up) onboard graphics processor will out weigh the memory it confiscates. Some Intel boards have "auto-select for the graphics cards, shove a card in BIOS detects it, yank it back out it reverts to onboard graphics. Makes the whole process fool proof (and beyond). Incidentally, it's Kingston DDR2 667 that's on sale at Newegg. It's a match, we have a winner!

Sure you opinion is my concern

Tmagic650 said:
What?? On-board video always shares system RAM, no matter what chipset is used. You can eliminate this sharing by installing a separate video card. If you are a heavy gamer, I would suggest that you use a separate video card and not use on-board video at all.

The PC seems to be ok. Why are you asking for opinions? Are you going to build it?

So...

captaincranky said:
The 512MB of RAM is insufficient no matter whether you're using external graphics or with the (more so) onboard controller. As I keep pointing out, Newegg is almost giving RAM away this month. If and when you reach 2 Gigs installed , then the comfort/value of having (a back-up) onboard graphics processor will out weigh the memory it confiscates. Some Intel boards have "auto-select for the graphics cards, shove a card in BIOS detects it, yank it back out it reverts to onboard graphics. Makes the whole process fool proof (and beyond). Incidentally, it's Kingston DDR2 667 that's on sale at Newegg. It's a match, we have a winner!
So You think with That great of kingston and 667 bus speed its enough to bought only 512Mb or increase.
What is Your opinion about Gigabyte GA-945G-S3 MB??

Contemporary Popular Opinion Suggests.....

1. Stay away from the Pentium D 930. It runs hot, it.s nowhere near as good as the Conroes (Core 2 Duo) and it's not that cheap yet.
2. I sprung for an Intel G965WM Media board. It has built in graphics, it cost 10 or 15 bucks more than a board with no onboard GPU. No brainer.
3. Intel's BIOS don't support overclocking if you want to enter this realm, buy something else either ASUS P5Bs have many fans here. At any rate the 965 chipsets are what's happening on the new Mobo scene
4. the Kingston RAM I suggested is "Value RAM" (brand name) again this is a "main stream" reliable product. Not an overclockers dream.
5. Given the choice between a bunch of RAM say 2 Gigs of mainstream DDR2 667 and 1 GIG of a performance product, FOR ME, more of the reliable wins.
6. I'm not a gamer so overclocking isn't my desire of forte, you'll need to wait for some opinions from that sector, if that's what you want to pursue.
7. At this moment the kingston DDR2 667Mhz 2 GIG kit (1g x 2) is $110.00
with free shipping. 6 months ago, you would have needed a loaded pistol and a ski mask to get that price. I paid $218.00 last November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back