What is error 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

slr0123

What does error 35 mean. I encountered it when I was trying to install a screensaver I downloaded from disney's website. I also encountered error 5 hen trying to install a registry fixing tool. I don't know what these mean. I have XP, and I'm on a n HP laptop with 2 Gb RAM and 60 Gb harddrive- 87% system is free. Thank you.

I would imagine that there is an "Error 35" for plenty of software out there and it helps to know what gave it to you ;).

Is that 0x35? Because if it is I experienced it on my old Pentium 3 system 3 weeks ago and trying to find both cause and a fix is very tough. There is not a lot on it.

If you are running Norton anti-virus this might be for you: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...f18cf228466f990c88256c54000329f2?OpenDocument

And from Microsoft itself that is as clear as mud: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793675.aspx

* My issue was that years ago I installed a CD-Burner that came with Nero 5 that was designed for that specific drive. I uninstalled Nero 5 but remnants still remained and for some reason a particular after almost 6 years a driver kept attempting to load causing 2 crashes.

I had to go through the registry and manually uninsall everything that was left behinfd and it suprised me what was left including the offending driver.

Also, the only thing that I can figure out that has yet to be fixed is my floppy controller. There is no indication that any of my RAM of any type was corrupted (see the MS article). Otherwise the system is stable again.

Do the following:

Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer. Post the information if you can't find out any causes.

Zenosincks said:
I would imagine that there is an "Error 35" for plenty of software out there and it helps to know what gave it to you ;).
I was trying to install a screensaver I downloaded from the disneyworld website..It is disneyworld.go.disney.com. I got the wallpaper, and I downloaded the screensaver with no probs, but when I tried to install the screensver, it said installation failed error 35?. Not sure why I am also having problems installing some exe apps, it tells me access denied I do not have permission? How can I not have permission on my own laptop. I am on the administrator acct (the only acct...lol) with full control granted? I have never experienced this on my HP desktop, just on this HP laptop I got for my birthday. Please help if you can I will be eternally grateful. Thank you for taking time to try and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back