What is malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weazle302

i herd on one forum that a person should get a program called ad-awere but i dont now what it is. is it jest like a normal anti vurus program or anti spyware
and why would i need it by the way i have avg and spybot search and destry are they good programs or should i get different ones??????

Hi,

Ad-aware is essentially an anti-spyware program that you can use to conduct scans and clean your system. Yes, AVG and SpyBot are decent, run-of-the-mill programs.

PS. It wouldn't hurt to type proper grammar and spell correctly in here.

Regards,
momok

Please use spell check, otherwise you make yourself look like a *****.

Malware is any kind of destructive or malicious program or software that does bad things without the operator's consent and/or knowledge.

Spyware, viri, ad-bots, and trojan horses are examples of malware. But this is not an all-inclusive list.

Ad-aware is not an anti-virus program. It is an anti-adware program. It is good. Spybot Search and Destroy (also free) is much better. No one anti-malware program is all inclusive either. It is good to have more than one. NEVER, however, run more than one anti-VIRUS software on a system.

Perhaps you could put more effort into better grammar and spelling. The better and clearer you relate a question, the easier it is to get a meaningful reply. You wasted your time in your profile.

Malware has become the 'catch all' word describing any virus. Trojan. Worm, spyware or adware on a computer, all of which have a potential of harming the system or gaining personal information..

You need to have an anti-virus program and at least 2 spyware/adware programs. They should be configured correctly and kept updated. You should scan with each frequently, updating right before the scans.

AVG- good anti-virus program
Spybot Search & Destroy- good spyware/adware program
AdAware- spyware/adware program.
Others: SpywareBlaster.

malware

malware-a generic term used to encompass malicious spyware,adware, trojans, tracking cookie etc...

typically an adware components install alongside of the freeare applicationwhose target are softwares... and also can slips into your syatem w/out ur knowledge...

malware

malware-a generic term used to encompass malicious spyware,adware, trojans, tracking cookie etc...

typically an adware components install alongside of the freeware application whose target are softwares... and also can slips into your system w/out ur knowledge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back