What is the BEST gaming CASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer~freak~

ok simply i want to know what you guys thing the best Gaming case is im not talking about super small lan party case but rather cases such a a coolermaster cosmos but im looking for somthing that really grabs someones attention perferbly with a clear side panel =)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133143

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133152

i like these cases a lot. they are certainly attention grabbers because they look so cool or outlandish for a computer case, and they have a side window as you asked. the second one has fantastic cooling though. comes with 4 stock fans. 2 90mm and 2 120mm fans.

i also kept price in mind a little bit. they're not too expensive. nobody spends 1000 bucks on a case unless they want it to be a centerpiece or something to hang on the wall.

so there you have it :p

thx for the quick reply man! i was orginally thinking of buying the thermaltake kandalf LCS the liquid cooling edition then i heard some riviews of them having problems and i wasnt so sure any more.the problem is i want a new liquid cooling system but i dont want it to slowly die on performance like my reserator 1 is doing now it only cools my proccesor to 30C before it always cooled it to 24-27 and it always drops 1 or two degree the first couple weeks i take apart the blocks and clean it out then the temps rise agian so im constantly having to change liqid coolant and doing little mods to it

thats exactly why not a whole lot of customers use them. mainly, companies do because they can afford a system that will have cooling that won't be such high maintenance.

there is however a serious attention getter that i saw. it won't have the ambitious cooling performance you like, but it uses liquid coolant, and its very low maintenance.

there was a thread a few days or a week ago about someone that took a fish tank, and mineral oil, and placed the mobo in there. they used the rear of a desktop which would also house the psu and used that as a lid. they also added a radiator to it. it keeps the temps of the mineral oil down to at least 40 c. thats relatively high in comparison to yours...but hey. it works and it's inexpensive.

heres the thread:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic89888.html
check it out.

hmm very inresting but i think im gonna order a coustom danger den water cooling kit form them.i personaly whouldnt wanna dunk my 680i motherboard and E6400 in mineral oil =) around christmas time ill order the stuff along side with a nice core 2 quad and a pair of 8800gt's or maybe a pair of gts's

i'm not too keen on the mineral oil. but personally, i'd rather not keep water inside my system either. stuff like that always carries risk. and i'm not exactly going to be very happy when my brand new system springs a leak in the cooling and fries a major part or two.

that's just preference. you can do as you like since you're less afraid of it than i am.

i've just had very bad luck in the past, and i can't help but suspect that if i go for something as complex and expensive as liquid cooling, something bad will happen at some point. and i don't want to risk it because i'm not in a position where i could easily replace broken parts.

i would stick with that thermaltake case purely because it's an eye-catcher, and it has like...4 fans. sufficient cooling even for an overclocked system imo. if i had the extra cash, i'd get that thing. but instead, i'm sticking with another case. it has a similar fan layout, and it's a good 70 dollars cheaper.

well i have no chance to spring a leak unless my tubing gets a hole in it because i siliconed all my waterblocks and were the tubing conects to the other components

hm...a good precaution. i never thought of that. well, more power to you. seems like a lot of effort to me...

i mean, don't get me wrong. water cooling is a fantastic thing, and i don't denounce it one bit. if you can do it, great. i just don't think it's my kinda solution....but hey. that system will certainly run cool as ice. the only thing you'd have to worry about from then on would be dust. time for some air filters?

if you did that, your system would last for freakin ever man. no dust, running freezing cold, it'll take a long time for any of the circuitry to lost any integrity. you could more than easily overclock that mofo.

maybe i'll try it myself someday if i can get past the initial nervosity and paranoia. just to see how it goes.

lol i was thinking of buying one of those giant zalman 9700 or theres a ultra tec peltier heatsinc that looks good i think thats wat there called anyways i was thinking of switching back to air but havent made up my mind yet its either that or the danger den water cooling kit :p

well, the less outside interference, a.k.a. dust, moisture, bacteria, viruses, and anything else, the better. if buying something fancy can do the trick, then...hell..why not? if it will preserve the system just that much longer, and means you'll have to spend less in the long run, it's a worthwhile investment in my eyes.

as for switching back to air, i'd say...if you can go with something without air then do. because air is so tricky to deal with. all the fans have to be placed exactly right, otherwise there will be a pocket where heat will gather and potentially ruin part of the system. fans also have a tendency to occasionally be ineffective. they also tend to drag dust INTO the system, and that clogs up the heatsink and other heat transfer measures and renders them almost useless.

if you can avoid problems like those, then do at all costs. i'm sort of delivered because what i'm doing has to be done with my pocketbook in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back