what is the best graphics card on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am buying a new system which i will be using for architectural applications like AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, Rhinoceros and Photoshop. I need a powerful graphics card to handle complex graphics associated with rendering and 3D modeling.

What is the consensus?

Originally posted by parissearles
I am buying a new system which i will be using for architectural applications like AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, Rhinoceros and Photoshop. I need a powerful graphics card to handle complex graphics associated with rendering and 3D modeling.

What is the consensus?

for 3d work, look at ati's fire gl line or nvidia's quadro. i'd prolly buy the fire gl 9700 if money isnt an obstacle

Re: Re: what is the best graphics card on the market?

Originally posted by somekid007
for 3d work, look at ati's fire gl line or nvidia's quadro. i'd prolly buy the fire gl 9700 if money isnt an obstacle

Something else to consider for workstation apps is the Matrox Parhelia....256MB version. I've got some users of Microstation using that card and it's been flawless.

Just my $.02

Not gonna beat a professional grade card like a FireGL or a Quadro FX. If you are talking about spending real money for real CAD cards then these are the only things you should be looking at. If you're building a budget CAD machine then I'd put a Radeon 9800 Pro in there.

Originally posted by LNCPapa
Not gonna beat a professional grade card like a FireGL or a Quadro FX. If you are talking about spending real money for real CAD cards then these are the only things you should be looking at. If you're building a budget CAD machine then I'd put a Radeon 9800 Pro in there.

We'll find out here this week. I've got one of each coming in for a test bed.....Parhelia, FireGL and QuadroFX. I'll keep ya' posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back