What is the best internet security for my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachareye

Just looking for some opinions, what would the best internet security suite be for my PC?
Here are my specs:
3.2 Pentium 4
2gig ram
128 ATI x300
Windows XP media center
Plenty of hard disc space

I currently use roadrunner's free software from CA, it sucks a big one even for free software. Before I had Norton 2004 which worked great but ran out. Please help by offering you opinions. If you need any other information let me know.

Thank you

I decided to use ESET NOD32, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and SUPERantispyware. So far the ESET everything works great, even the firewall seems to be great. The others I manually run because I stayed with the free versions of those. Should I be worried /concerned about the firewall that is included with ESET's Internet security?

Thank you very much for your input, I have my computer's performance back.

Still a hardware firewall NAT, SPI, Intrusion Detection is the first layers of defense. On the PCs..

ESET doesn't use hose the system.. Still free versa pay version it depends what type of protection they can give you. ESET is still new to the full scecurity protection I've tested out both Home and Business Smart Security and found out they didn't stop backdoor malware from hopping onto the system.

Free Firewall
Vista - Comodo Pro
XP - PC Tools Firewall Plus (code injection detection) and more

Free Registry Injection Protection
Since WinPatrol pay for has ondemand protection and the free one doesn't you can use RegProt small and monitors the registry with simple yes to allow and no to delete keys. Doesn't load you done with a lot of features you might never use with WinPatrol

Free Anti-virus
PC Tools Ant-Virus (email scanner) and more

Spyware/Malware
PC Tools Spyware Doctor
PC Tools ThreatFire (Anti-Virus/Spyware Signature Layer Defense) (free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back