What is the BEST motherboard out there works with Core 2 E6600 processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello

Hello, Can any one please tell me what is the current best mother board I can buy to work with Core 2 E6600 (2.4MHz) processor. I will be using a video card; therefore, onboard video wouldn't be necessary.
1) Is P965 chipset(North Bridge) is the best right now?
2) Is G965 and Q965 works same as P965, even though both G965 and Q965 have extra onboard video?
3) What would be the current best South bridge chipset I can get?
4) Is there currently a better chipset than the Intel brand that I can get in a motherboard?

I will greatly appreciate your help. Thanks a lot
Don.

Best overclocking is the P5B deluxe. Best overall performance is likely P5W DH because of better IDE support and higher memory bandwidth. Best really depends on what you want to do with it. I have two Core2 VIA chipset mobos that work problem free and are best priced.

The Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 would the best mobo. It's pretty cheap BTW.

Also, the best chipset has to be the 975X, because the P965 is "midrange", according to Intel.
And if you use a motherboard with integrated graphics, your overclock potential will be limited.

Bad Axe......?

One of Intel's 975 series boards (Code Name "Bad Axe"?) allegedly permits overclocking, at least as far as I have been led to believe. Intel does make good stable boards. But, I would certainly download all the info I could before I made a decision.

Please, before everybody jumps in with, "oh yeah well the Wham Bam Super 975 is better". I'm only mentioning an alternative, not condoning or condemning the Intel offering. Save your strength for WOW or Vegas 6 even.

Intel's D975XBX "Bad aXe" is indeed a superb motherboard. I've read many reviews on it, and it's allegedly one of the best by Intel.

Gigabyte's high-end motherboard would be the GA-965P-DQ6. This board has quite a few creative innovations by Gigabyte (such as its unique approach to achieving dual x16 SLI). <- Another consideration.

As said before the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 is also a good choice. This one is a very popular Core 2 Duo motherboard, and it's cheap too.

Another chipset you can consider is the nForce 680i
This chipset is on the high-end eVGA motherboards.

You might go for the Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 and be very happy, but some users on this forum prefer the ASUS. I think the Intel is superior to the Asus in reliability... You might take a look at the latest round of motherboard tests at www.tomshardware.com as they have some very thorough reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back