TechSpot

What is the best video card for the money?

By blackatana750
Jan 5, 2006
  1. Im lookin to buy a new vc and I dont have 500 dollars to spend. Any help? I play bf2 and call of duty2 and need more. thanks

2. blackatana750

blackatana750 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ill can spend like 200$

Ill can spend like 200$

3. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst TS Rookie

Gfx recommendation

Hi.
    I bought a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256 MB and I have played all the games eversince.
    Althought I had to upgrade my RAm to 1 Gig for games like F.E.A.R and CoD2
    All the other games run smoothly, so I would say The Radeon 9600 Pro would be your best card.

I bought it and havent looked back since.

Hope that helped! :)

4. Vaerilis

Vaerilis TS Rookie Posts: 54

Are you looking for a PCI-Express or an AGP card?

The best AGP card you can get at that price would probably be the GF 6800GS (though it may still cost a little over 200$). In case you're looking for a PCI-E card, a 6800GS can be bough for ~180$.
    The ATI X800GTO and the X800XL are very good alternatives, but I don't remember any AGP variants.

5. LipsOfVenom

LipsOfVenom TS Rookie Posts: 160

oh yay i luv these threads!!! hehe um....i agree that the 6800 GS is good...PCI-E is only $200 from newegg...and if you're a ATI fan then...the Radeon X850 is only $220 right now!!!!! that's a steal...both are more than enough for battlefield 2 and call of duty 2, but don't expect to play on insanely-realistic-i-can-see-the-grain-of-rice shadow video settings...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.