What is the best video card for the money?

By blackatana750
Jan 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im lookin to buy a new vc and I dont have 500 dollars to spend. Any help? I play bf2 and call of duty2 and need more. thanks
  2. blackatana750

blackatana750 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Ill can spend like 200$

Ill can spend like 200$
  3. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Newcomer, in training

Gfx recommendation

Hi.
    I bought a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256 MB and I have played all the games eversince.
    Althought I had to upgrade my RAm to 1 Gig for games like F.E.A.R and CoD2
    All the other games run smoothly, so I would say The Radeon 9600 Pro would be your best card.

I bought it and havent looked back since.

Hope that helped! :)
  4. Vaerilis

Vaerilis Newcomer, in training Posts: 64

Are you looking for a PCI-Express or an AGP card?

The best AGP card you can get at that price would probably be the GF 6800GS (though it may still cost a little over 200$). In case you're looking for a PCI-E card, a 6800GS can be bough for ~180$.
    The ATI X800GTO and the X800XL are very good alternatives, but I don't remember any AGP variants.
  5. LipsOfVenom

LipsOfVenom Newcomer, in training Posts: 256

oh yay i luv these threads!!! hehe um....i agree that the 6800 GS is good...PCI-E is only $200 from newegg...and if you're a ATI fan then...the Radeon X850 is only $220 right now!!!!! that's a steal...both are more than enough for battlefield 2 and call of duty 2, but don't expect to play on insanely-realistic-i-can-see-the-grain-of-rice shadow video settings...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.