TechSpot

what is the level of damage?(14.1" wxga lcd)

By vtribes
Sep 3, 2007
  1. my acer travelmate 2420 fell down last night. (it is ok. I am writing this on my laptop. I connected it to my 19" pc monitor.)

I want to ask what is the exact damage. Display is all white with black cracks. But they look like veins on a leaf if you look closely on the lcd surface. There is a small triangle spot on upper left corner and the image is fine there. The case look ok too(lcd panel case). Only the image was broken.
    I search and found different parts. And they are all very expansive. (unused same model notebook $750, lcd only $350) If you help me. It is a 14.1" wxga lcd tft.

2. johnhenry

johnhenry TS Rookie Posts: 69

My guess is simply that the screen needs to be replaced. The backlight may be OK if they screen is still lit.

$350 sounds VERY expensive for a replacement though.

3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

If it cracked then you have to replace the LCD, Pay it as you could get hit harder with prices as they are. Unless you go to a shop they can get it for $250 but then charge for labor. How old is this model?

4. vtribes

vtribes TS Rookie Topic Starter

one year and a half. maybe I can get it for $200.

5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

You can replace the LCD Panel yourself.. Not that hard to do.. Good on the find the price that low for a consumer. Repair get it wholesale since they buy in numbers.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.