What is the level of damage?(14.1" wxga lcd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my acer travelmate 2420 fell down last night. (it is ok. I am writing this on my laptop. I connected it to my 19" pc monitor.)

I want to ask what is the exact damage. Display is all white with black cracks. But they look like veins on a leaf if you look closely on the lcd surface. There is a small triangle spot on upper left corner and the image is fine there. The case look ok too(lcd panel case). Only the image was broken.
I search and found different parts. And they are all very expansive. (unused same model notebook $750, lcd only $350) If you help me. It is a 14.1" wxga lcd tft.

My guess is simply that the screen needs to be replaced. The backlight may be OK if they screen is still lit.

$350 sounds VERY expensive for a replacement though.

If it cracked then you have to replace the LCD, Pay it as you could get hit harder with prices as they are. Unless you go to a shop they can get it for $250 but then charge for labor. How old is this model?

You can replace the LCD Panel yourself.. Not that hard to do.. Good on the find the price that low for a consumer. Repair get it wholesale since they buy in numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back