What is the true supported FSB of chaintech 7VJL deluxe apogee with via KT400 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsgleason

It says here that the board supports 333 FSB but a 266 processor.

Now, is the processor speed the same as FSB? It says "System clock supports 200/266 MHz," but also says "200/266/333 MHz FSB"

The VIA website says the KT400 chipset will support both a memory bandwidth and a FSB of 333.

So, I guess what I want to know is if it will work with an athlon xp 2600+ 333MHz

There are jumper settings on the board for external clock speeds of 100, 133, and 166. double that is the FSB speed, right?

Help please

it wil work untill the 3000+ (333mhz fsb) but u wont be able to put a 3200+ on it because it uses a 400mhz fsb

I'm having problems with this. I just purchased/installed a 2500 Barton. Every time I move the jumper to run the 166 clock speed, my MB doesnt post properly (locks up before the BIOS even boots). Running at the 133 clock speed, I can adjust the clock speed up to 150 in the BIOS, but anything over and it locks up the MB.

Is there another jumper I'm missing, etc?

are you absolutely sure your cpu supports 333 FSB? There's a code on the processor itself which tells you everything about it. the guide for that is here. the last character should be D.

check that.

There's 3 jumpers. one of them is for 100/133 in one position and 166 in the other position, thus disabling the 100/133 jumper. put that jumper in 166 if your cpu says D

Yes, I'm certain my chip supports the 333FSB. And I've moved the jumper, that's what causes the board to lock up.

I'm running the CPU right now, however, I can assure you that it is a 333FSB capable chip. It's the 2500+ Barton (have the original packaging right here with me, where it says on the outside of the packaging that it's 333FSB)

The 2500+ uses a 166 ( 333 ) FSB & it should work on that board. Many people use that CPU on KT400 boards ( MrGaribaldi does ) so in theory it should work fine.

Do you have PC2700 Ram to run on that board ?

Yeah, I'm running 512MB PC2700 HyperX. I updated the BIOS today, and it didnt help. Right now, it's seeing a 1900 running a 150 Clock speed w/a 13x multiplier...

The 2500+ should run at 1833mhz ( 11x166 ). If you set it to that speed & go straight in the BIOS, what temp do you get for the CPU ?

Ok, I cant set the speed to 166. Running 12.5x150 it runs at approx 75 degrees. It's not the chip, it's the board. Regardless of what chip I'm running, the board should allow me to set it to run a 166 clock speed, and every time I set the clock speed to over 150, the board doesnt post.

Try lowering the multiplier all the way to 10 & raising the FSB to 166. Your CPU will actually be underclocked so it will defitnily rule out the possibility of a faulty chip.

When I first installed the chip, I did so with the multiplier at 10, didnt work too well.

I'm thinking that I'm not going to recommend Chaintech Mobos from here on out.

The KT400 chipset will run a 333MHZ FSB CPU and that means so should your board.

You said "75 degrees"... Centrigrade or Fahrenheit?

If it is F*, that is unusually cool. That is Celsius, then that is blazing hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back