What is this error about referenced memory?

By Tru_Snoop
May 22, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys;

My PC Specs:
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (no Sp1 or Sp2 installed because I just installed Windows XP)
    Case: NETLINK 18IN 350W ATX 3688 CASE /W FRONT USB PORT P4 READY
    Motherboard: ASUS A7V880 SOCKETA KT880 DUAL DDR AGP 5PCI SATA SOUND 1000LAN MOTHERBOARD
    CPU: AMD ATHLON XP 2100+ 256K 266FSB SOCKET A RETAIL BOX
    CPU Heatsink: VANTEC AEROFLOW SOCKETA cpu cooler TMD 5600RPM 35.5CFM
    Memory: 512MB PC2700 DDR333 SAMSUNG RAM
    Video Card: ABITR9550-128CDT RADEON 9550 128MB DDR AGP8X
    Hard Drives: 2 X ( WD CAVIAR 80GB INT ATA/100 HD 3.5LP 9MS 8MB 7200RPM OEM)
    Anti-virus: Kaspersky Antivirus Personal 5.0.121
    Firewall: Zone Alarm Pro 5.5.062.011

My hard drive just died. good thing was that it was still on warranty, so I replaced it. I just installed Windows XP on this new hard drive and everything worked fine. However, now somtimes I get this error:

"The instruction at "0x77f53207" referenced memory at "0x00000067". The memory could not be "written".
    Click on OK to terminate the program.
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

when I click OK computer kind of freezes because I don't see busy ligt on and I click on anything, so I have to turn off the computer manually.

How to fix this error? What is wrong with my computer?

Also, when I start my computer this icon shows on my desktop, "CLICK ME" (its a green icon). I have to uninstall it everytime by clicking "Uninstall CLICK ME. When I click on "CLICK ME" it says that call is not free it will cost you and so on. What is this stupid icon? How can I get rid of it?

thanks guys.
  2. IronDuke

IronDuke Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,267

I'd run Spybot & Adaware as a first step. Then if needed HiJackThis.
  3. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

before that. go to
    www.grisoft.com
    downlaod, install, update, and run avg free edition.
    post back the results of your scans.
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

5. paperinik

paperinik Newcomer, in training

Are you sure your hardware is working correctly ? The A7V880 motherboard has very serious problems with the memory cotroller. I suggest to test your system with prime95 you can find it here: www.mersenne.org . If this program reports any errors then contact Asus.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.