What is this strange icon?

By mysvxrocks
Feb 18, 2009
  1. On my taskbar.... It only shows up if I play a game. Doesnt matter what game, it does it to all of them. And the longer I play the game, the more icons show up! Its very strange, Ive never seen this icon before, and neither has anyone Ive linked it too. It doesnt seem to make anything new in the process' show up. Anyone have a clue as to what this could be? -Dennis

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Looks like the Default color code: (FF FF FF) of Normal.res in aero.msstyles

But you can't see code :confused:

Try changing your theme, to Windows standard, in display settings
  3. mysvxrocks

mysvxrocks TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Change it to that just temp? Or leave it changed? Any ideas as to why it only does this when I open a game?
  4. mscrx

mscrx TS Rookie Posts: 310

some programs, mostly those who have graphical effects and stuff can change the display mode back to (not sure how it was called exactly) basic mode and this causes aero themes to not function properly. usually there is a pop-up window telling you about that windows will change to the basic mode for as long as this program runs. once you clicked "never display this again" it will just happen...

edit: this applies to vista and 7
  5. vkblue

vkblue TS Rookie

that ff icon in the taskbar looks to me alot like a codec maybe the older icon for the ffdshow codec. i use to have that icon on my taskbar. recently installed any codecs? if so, maybe an reinstall with latest codecs could help? the k-lite codec pack works a charm for me, no problem playing any media etc.
    mind me asking what game you were playing? :stickout:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.