What is your favorite Winter Olympic sport?

What is your favorite Winter Olympic event?

• Skiing/Snowboarding (If you like one event, you usually like them all)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Bobsledding/Luge/Skeleton (all virtually the same anyway)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Figure Skating

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other (curling I guess is the only other one)

• Ice Hockey (Mens and womens)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Speed Skating/Short Track

• Cross-Country Skiing/Biathalon

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

poertner_1274

What is your favorite Olympic sport?

Just curious as to what everyone's favorite Olympic event was?

I personally like watching them all, but if I had to choose a favorite I would say that it would be......The skiing/snowboarding.

lol. you fixed it?

anyway, i voted for figure skating. looks a wee bit similar to gymnastics (one of my fav sports to watch).
but it's more like dancing...

Ice hockey! I just watched as Finland beat up Belarus 8-1!!

Btw. I was logged out as I decided to vote, so I was asked to login, then it forwarded me back, but I was already voted, it told me to hit "back" button, ad infinitum..

Impressive.... Most Impressive.... - Darth Vader.

Hm... Ok, what's my fav sport (I know you asked about Winter Sport, but with me, sport is so limited that I shall have to expand your question include a subset of all....)

Erm, OK.... I think my favourate sport is drinking beer.

See how he raises the chilled full pint of Bud to his lips... What a goal!

And now... in a deadly attack, he staggers into the off licence for the purchase of 12 cans of Miller.... WHAT A GREAT PASS!

And, in a memorable international game, he drank an aftershock EVEN AFTER HE WAS FEELING SICK!

http://www.barfliers.com/drinks/VIEW/7823/Aftershock/

Punches & Party Drinks

5 cl. (5 cl) Drambuie®
5 cl. (5 cl) Malibu Coconut Rum
5 cl. (5 cl) Cherry Brandy
10 cl. (10 cl) Lemonade

Pour the ingredients into the glass and stir.

I'm beginning to think my favorite part is to see how many Judge's are left at the end of the event's. It's a joke to me. I love hockey, used to play it when I was a kid with my cousin's in Canada.
This part is just a personal opinion, I hate snowboarding and it shouldn't have been put into the games. It is showboating and the only reason I can see it added was to extend the games so more money can be made. I like regular skiing events. I'm getting pretty burned out on the olympic games. It has the feel of politics and money taking center stage with the games as filler. Corrupt Judges, bribes to have it shown at what location and so on. And putting pro's into the games was pretty much the last straw as it put a knife into the sprit of the games. Like that dream team garbage in the other season games where there is little point of watching as everyone will know who won well before the games started.
Like I said, this is strictly personal though a lot of people I know feel the same way. There is still a lot of good events, I marvel at figure skating, there is a lot of talent in them and grace.....

??? Snowboarding was added because it was recognised as a popular winter sport which require skill to learn and even more to master. Also because more young people like snowbaording so it is also to encourage young ppl into it.

I voted for skiing/snowboarding personally just over ice hockey as i love tht as well.

btw any1 know how finland r doin so far in the hockey?

Nice! I'm the only one who voted for cross-country... Would have voted for something else, but we won gold and bronze last week :grinthumb and there is more to come (I hope).

PS
finns beat the russians 3-1 today (yesterday for some of you).

I dont watch winter olimpics as i don't have much time to spend in watching games.I think playing is more enjoyeble.

Always been a Bob's fan however I loved the Skeleton's, first year I watched short track and that was cool too. I alwaysed watch the olympics for the sports you never see else where. Like the lumber jack comp on ESPN. I am also convinced that ESPN created most modern sports to justify having a T.V. station or 2. Any others agree ?

Interesting side note. The american Bob's are made by NASCAR driver Geoff Bodine, who finished this years Daytona 500 in 3rd.

Definately luging, I mean going through a small tube at 65MPH must be fun :) . Wow, last post was from 3/11/2002. This thread is old ;) .

Phantasm66 said:
Hm... Ok, what's my fav sport (I know you asked about Winter Sport, but with me, sport is so limited that I shall have to expand your question include a subset of all....)

Erm, OK.... I think my favourate sport is drinking beer.

See how he raises the chilled full pint of Bud to his lips... What a goal!

And now... in a deadly attack, he staggers into the off licence for the purchase of 12 cans of Miller.... WHAT A GREAT PASS!

And, in a memorable international game, he drank an aftershock EVEN AFTER HE WAS FEELING SICK!

http://www.barfliers.com/drinks/VIEW/7823/Aftershock/

Lol, now thats a sport I'd watch (besides Basketball).

Back