What laptop can i get for £450?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokaboy

Hi

im looking for a laptop that can run Call Of Duty and World Of Warcraft "well". I have £450 max (i kno it aint alot but come on im skint). Please help us out ive been scanning ebay everyday but not sure wat graphics card i need??

Please some1 help us out or at least tell us a gfx card for a laptop that ill run it nicely.

thanks alot
mokaboy

:blush:

See if www.tiny.com do refurbished laptops.
Laptops in that pricerange usually only have integrated graphics, good enough for everyday computing, but not for gaming. A reasonable graphics solution in a laptop would be the ATI Radeon Mobile.
You'd be better off getting a PC for that money. Check again the same www.tiny.com.

they seem to be cheaper on EBAY, ok ill change mi question a bit, i just need to know what graphics cards run call of duty and world of warcraft, can u give it to me easily like,

E.G
radeon 9200+
geforcego 440+

(something like that then ill look for them and above :giddy: )

The box of Call of Duty (or the website) will tell you the minimal requirements. Call of Duty needs DirectX9.0c compatibility, 32MB graphics.
Go do some homework using Google.

yo, welllllllllll u see, a radeon 9200 i belive in PC is FINE for call of duty but aparently i read somewhere (cannot find it now) is unplayable for laptops or summink i just need some users feeback type thing u kno.... :hotbounce

Ok well I just had a laptop but sold it recently. It ran Call of Duty perfectly in 1024*768 highest settings and it only set me back about £489. Bought it from www.technomatic.co.uk

AS for the specs:
Celeron 1600
512mb Pc2700 DDR Ram
20gb Hard Drive
nVidia GeForce MX 420go

It really was a good laptop, bought it in like July 2003. My advise is to go to that website, and look for a laptop (usually budget ones have a Celeron 2.8ghz) and also make sure you don't get one that has "Intel Extreme OnBoard Graphics" because we all know how crap OnBoard graphics is.

Gorg :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back