Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Some Automobile

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Vehementi

Hey guys,

Just curious as to what you guys subscribe to. I'm surprised that noone in the IRC chan is subscribed to Wired...it's definitely my favorite magazine.

I currently have PCGamer, Inventions & Technology, Wired, Sports Illustrated, and Electronic Gaming Monthly (but I haven't renewed it in years). All of them are great, except EGM...

Anyway, post what you guys subscribe to!

I'm at PC Mag... and quite a few of import car magazines.

Ever since I've got my car, I've been a caroholic. I love doing stuff to my car. I like cars more than computers!

I get all my information online. No sense in paying for it when I already pay for my Internet access and get an abundance of information along with it. All the information that I need I can just search for.

Magazines are in the past. The future is the Internet ;-).

Computer Shopper (UK), PCPro, PCPlus, Personal Computer World, F1 Racing, J (Jordan F1 magazine), The Phoenix (Irish satire mag), Television and Home Electronics Repair (formerly Practical Television), Scientific American, New Scientist (UK), Dr. Dobb's Journal, Business and Finance, The Economist, PC Magazine (US Edition, UK edition RIP). Mostly mine, some are my fathers. I do read them *all* as well....

I also occasionally buy: Computer Buyer, PC Gamer (UK), PC Live! (Irish magazine), Magill (Slightly satiry Irish magazine), Private Eye (UK satire magazine), F1 (the FIA magazine), ComputerScope (Irish business computing magazine), Dot.ie (Irish web magazine), Practical Electronics. All of those I get myself.

I also read all of them...

I clearly have far too much time and money. I also think I'm keeping my local newsagents in business.

I currently subscribe to the following:
Communications Technology, Everyday Practical Electronics, Electronics Cooling, and CPU(Computer Power User)

I also regularly read
http://powerelectronics.com/ ezine.

I also read a few other mags such as Maximum PC, Computer Shopper(US), Guns and Ammo, NewsWeek, and Inside NASCAR but only buy those if there looks to be a good article in them. I used to subscribe to some of these like Maximum PC(all the way back to when it was BOOT) but many of them are now filled with fluff and don't have the substance thay used to have.

I get Stuff and Maxim, originally got Maxim when it was new and the subscription was less than $10, now its $20. I won't be renewing I don't think, some articles are decent most aren't, the chicks look pretty good, but might as well look online for that.

Stuff is horrible, only reason I got that is there was a website I came across a few months ago that was offering free subscriptions. No catch, seriously.

Originally posted by SNGX1275
I get Stuff and Maxim, originally got Maxim when it was new and the subscription was less than $10, now its $20. I won't be renewing I don't think, some articles are decent most aren't, the chicks look pretty good, but might as well look online for that.

Stuff is horrible, only reason I got that is there was a website I came across a few months ago that was offering free subscriptions. No catch, seriously.

I used to get both of those, got Maxim when it was new, cancelled it when the price went up because it wasn't as good as it was to begin with. Stuff just sucks. I got it when it was new, got an offer for six months free with a 1 yr sub. I wasted my money on that.

My wife subscribed me to Car and Driver. I don't get any PC related magazines, if I need some information I just look for it on the web.

pc pro, pc magazine, personal computer world, computer shopper (uk) inventions&technology,flight international. lots mainly because of my dad but i read most of them if theres a good artical in them

Computer Shopper (UK), PC Zone (games mag), Custom PC (brand new PC hardware, and customisation mag). I get most other info online.

I get Maximum PC at work, they pay for it too. The problem with computer magazines is by the time they're published and delivered, the information is about 2-3 months old. The world has already moved on.

Yeah I have found that as well. But it is still good to read up every once in a while as well.

But I'm sure you can still get most of it online anyway.

im subscribed to:

*Official Playstation2 Mag
*Unofficial Playstation2 Mag
*Dirt Bike
*Racer X

Back