What Motherboard for these components. Gaming Machine

By SeVeR_SeVeN
Sep 8, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just recently built a new computer with an ASUS A8N SLI Premium mobo in it. The thing is crap and i have seen others with the same problems as I so we have assumed that it is a hardware problem throughout the mobo's. Well my question is what mobo would best fit my needs with the components that i have. This is my first comp to build and it is purely for gaming. The compontents are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Processor Socket 939

Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JD 250GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer

Seagate 160 gig ide 7200rpm

BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card

memorex cd drive

Samsung TS-H552U/RSWN Double Layer DVD±RW Drive

Thermatalke W0068RUC PurePower 460W w/Blue LED atx 2.0 power supply

I would just like a few opinions on what would best fit what i want to do. Moslty playing games. I have looked into some gigabyte and dfi boards but i would like some suggestions on some good mobos. Price range is up to about 130 dollars. Sli is something i might get into later, but for now it is not necessary.

Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 829

I haven't heard of any common problems with the ASUS boards, but as far as building a gaming rig, the DFI Lanparty series boards were scoring better in many benchmarks when I checked them out.
  3. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Ditto on what PanicX says. I have ASUS myself (A8N-SLI deluxe) and am very happy with it, but I have seen DFI getting higher benchmark scores if you are a FPS freak. I ended up choosing ASUS because my previous was also ASUS and I find their tech support to be top notch.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.