What motherboard should i get????

By mokaboy
Nov 10, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

I have a athlon 64 3400+ 754 socket

and a poor gigabyte motherboard with it :)

Basically what i want to know is what motherboards out there have a PCI EXPRESS slot and a AGP 8x slot, and have sata2 (300mb/s) thats what im looking for :) other things like 1000mb/s lan and more than 2 memory slots would be great too.

Ive looked everywhere and ive only found things that are for the 939 sockets :(

Does anyone know of one? or a few? or where i can look?

Moka
  2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,565

There is this board

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813153036

but my hunch is that it is not a true AGP type slot. It is probably a PCI slot that has been bridged. In other words, it's probably a very poor performing AGP slot. Most boards that have both AGP and PCI-e 16x are not true AGP slots.

It also does not support SATA2. I don't think there is a board that exists that meets all the criteria you have set above.

Disclaimer, I know nothing about this board, just making guesses. It's AGP may be perfectly fine.
  3. mokaboy

mokaboy Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 251

got much closer than i could but yea i see wat u mean that AGP looks dogey and no sata2 :( sata2 is main reason for upgrade as i have a sata2 on a sata1 :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.