TechSpot

What should a Mathematica tutor charge, per hour?

1. I have recently been approached by a high school student who wants tutoring for using the program "Mathematica". They asked me what I, as a tutor, would charge, but I wasn't sure what a fair rate is. I've seen everything from $10 per hour to $50 per hour on the intarweb, but I'm guessing $50 per hour is too much for this scenario.

I don't want to charge so much that they don't return, but I also don't want to charge so little that I don't make much money. How can I maximize my profits, without knowing ahead of time how dedicated they are to learning the program? How much should I charge?
  2. hewybo

hewybo TS Maniac Posts: 570

Evaluation?

Maybe you could set a reasonable "evaluation" fee, to determine interest/ability level, then set a fee based on the initial session? :confused:
  3. JMag034

JMag034 TS Rookie Posts: 35

Yeah, I agree. I would say around 20 dollars an hour would be good for a noob. If it wont take long then maybe charge 40 dollars an hour.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.