What should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK1017

I want to get a new Video Card for my computer but i cant get something to expensive. Whats a somewhat good video card i could get between $50 and $100? it can be AGP or PCI

Heres some Info:
Processor: AMD Sempron 3000+
MotherBoard: ASUS A7V8X-LA
Memory: 512 Mb
Power Supply: 250W

What mobo do you have?
What agp speed does it support?
What do you need your pc to be capable of doing that it isn't at the moment?

These questions need to be answered really.

Get an AGP. In one of my PC's I installed the EVGA Nvidia 7800 GS. It's a great performer. The memory bandwidth is 41/GBsec. or more. It has 256 bits and 256 MB's. Also a lifetime warranty. It will cost you about $129 after rebate. If you intend on any gaming, you should spend a little more than $100 and use (at least) this GPU. Good Luck.

Not really, i used to have a 9550 256meg, i now have a 9600 128meg and it's heaps better.

i can't find a 9600 128meg on newegg

nvm i found it. Are you sure its better than the 9550 because its like $25 cheaper

Yup, much better. I used to lag with Doom3 with the 9550 on the lowest settings. With the 9600 it runs well on medium settings.

for the 9600 arent there Minimum System Requirements

i guess ill get the 9600 128mb but how do i know it will fit and will work with my com

Your mobo is agp x8, the card is agp 8x so....

You really should get a better psu tho. I wouldn't run a pc with only a 250watt.

If you were to go for about 450watts or so then you would have plenty of headroom for further upgrades.

Spend as much as you can afford on a good quality psu.

what do you think of a Linkworld LPG2-43-P4-IO ATX12V 630W Power Supply

I'm need a new power supply for my computer. I was thinking of getting Linkworld LPG2-43-P4-IO ATX12V 630W Power Supply. Is this a good power supply? Also how do i know it will work with my computer

You need to go at reputable power supply.

For starter:

Enermax
PC Power & Cooling
ULTRA
OCZ

And few other more.

Try to find it on google and you will be surprised.

Will it work?

I want to get a ATI Radeon 9600, i looked at the website and it doesn't have any power supply requirements. I have a 250w power supply, will it work with my computer?

Mutliple threads/posts merged.

Please don`t open any more threads for this particular subject. It can be dealt with in this thread here, since it`s essentially all the same subject.

Take a look at this psu wattage calculator. ;)

Regards Howard :)

JeffK1017 said:
I want to get a ATI Radeon 9600, i looked at the website and it doesn't have any power supply requirements. I have a 250w power supply, will it work with my computer?

For 9600, you have a little head room.

You might wants to upgrade to 350W to give yourself some space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back