What Sound Card do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound Card...

Okay, how do I find out what my sound card is, I have documentation of it. My computer is a Millenia from Micronpc.com. The sound card I use is built into my computer, how do I figure out what it is?

control panel> system> device mgr> computer>

otherwise check your invoice documentation or model# @ the website.

If it is integrated you should be able to go to the Micron website and get the latest drivers. Or if it is a true sound card you can go to the fcc website and try to match it to the registation or fcc id code.

www.fcc.gov

good luck

or hit F8 or your comp/os specific shortcut to access the bios as it boots windows.It will tell you what the onboard sound is.

Hey BaDbOy3998,

Did you ever figure out what kind of sound card or sound chip you have installed in your system ? If you need any more help please let us all know.

Nope

It must be integrated, that's how it looks due to it's not like a modem or video card, it's built into the computer. I doubt Micron will help me, my one year warranty has expired...

Re: Nope

Originally posted by BaDbOy3998
It must be integrated, that's how it looks due to it's not like a modem or video card, it's built into the computer. I doubt Micron will help me, my one year warranty has expired...

Try poping the side of the case off, then look all over the motherboard for a manufacture or model number, if you can only get a model number, goto a serch engine and look it up, that may lead you to the manufacture. If you get a manufacture or initials, post it here or look it up on the manufactures web site if you know who it is.

Or you can look around the motherboard at the litttle black sqares for a sound chip. It will look like most things. Look for a specific name on the chips like ESS or Sound Blaster (depending on the chip manufacture) then you may be able to go to their web site.

The best thing thoght is what I said on top, try to find the make and model of the motherboard with the revision number if there is one.

The info could be on a sticker on one of the PCI slots, it could be on a sticker on the board, or it could be silk screened in the printed circuit board itself. You may have to hunt for it with everything installed in the case.

Good luck

Your original invoice from Micronpc.com. should show you. Or looking up the "specifications for that model.
Tried contacting them?

If you happen to have direct X installed in your pc, try searching for this file DXDIAG.EXE. > sound.

This will give a further details about your drivers.

Oh Sorry!

Yeah, it was an integrated sound card that a techie from micronpc.com helped me figure out. The reason I haven't posted a reply right away is b/c I'm working on a very comprehensive C++ project, sorry for not being more courteous!

Re: Oh Sorry!

Originally posted by BaDbOy3998
Yeah, it was an integrated sound card that a techie from micronpc.com helped me figure out. The reason I haven't posted a reply right away is b/c I'm working on a very comprehensive C++ project, sorry for not being more courteous!

Glad to hear you finnaly found out, if you need more help, just ask....and GOOD LUCK with the project !!

I'm havin a similar problem, recently sum1 decided it would be funny to send me a virus which wrecked my graphics card and another one which deleted my sound controls, now when I try and play command and conquer generalls I can't even hear the terrorists dying. Please help me.

mr;
If you have uptodate Antivirus it should be able to isolate these virii and identify them so you can go to the AV website to find out how to repair any damage caused.If you don't have AV logon to Macfee or similar site to scan your machine .
However I am not sure a virus can destroy a soundcard? What makes you think this is the case

the virus probebly just deleted the drivers or something. Make sure the virus is deleted and reïnstall the drivers. If you need help just give us your system specs and we'll look them up for you.

Greets Crazy,

Ok so I am having a similar problem with drivers for some of the items in my PC. One of which is my sound card. It is apparently a SoundMAX Digital Audio card or something. Version 5.12.0001.3620 (English) and it was put in on 5/27/2003 at 17:05:42 That is all I have so far.

I am also looking for drivers for an ATI Radeon 9550/X1050 series Video card. Version 6.14.0010.6683 (English) date; 3/14/2007 20:57:34

For some reason neither of these is working and I can't find the updates or drivers anywhere.

Suggestions would be great. :D

For your graphics driver you can start here: ATI Drivers

I can't get you any closer without knowing your operating system but I think you can figure out the website.

As for the sound card, it "sounds" like it is an integrated "card" and, therefore, you should go to the motherboard manufacturer's website to download the appropriate sound driver. Again, I can't help you any further than this as I don't have a clue as to what your motherboard is.

My Motherboard is not showing a name and I am not sure where to find it. a chipset, CPU type, 3 different communication types and a BIOS type. Would any of these be helpful?

I have a 34 page printout of what is on my PC. I am not sure what is useful and what isn't for this problem. Suggestions of information that would be good to look at would be helpful.

Thank you for all the help so far.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking. The motherboard information would be more helpful if your PC was self built or custom built. I'm guessing you bought a pre-made PC. If you bought a PC from a company like Dell, HP, Compaq, Emachines, etc., then you should try going to the PC maker's website to find the sound drivers you need.

What PC brand and model do you have?

I got my video card to work thanks to the link you gave. My sound card seems to be doing ok now. I got the game I wanted to work to work finally. Woot. Thank you for your suggestions.

As for my PC brand, it is an HP. But I think that everything is ok for now. Thank you again.

Kie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back