What sound card should I take?

Broeci

I recently bought myself a new computer, with a Gigabyte GA-PH67A-D3-B3 motherboard, I7 2600 CPU, 8Gb RAM and windows 7. But I have a Roccat kave headset and the plug-ins for the surround sound aren't in the motherboard, so I need a Sound card. The problem is that I have no idea what sound card I should buy. I have been told that I should take a Sound card that didn't use much of my CPU. But I don't wanna pay like $150 for a sound card, so my question is: Is there a good Sound card that is in a price range of $59/€45? I think I found a sound card that might be good, but I am not sure. the sound card is a: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express

Link to the sound card: nl.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=209&subcategory=669&product=16770
: us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-Xtreme-Audio/M/B000W7PNZI.htm

Best regards,

if you're only using Roccat Kave and do not plan on doing music recording, i think a $30 ASUS Xonar DG suffice. beside the creative you mentioned does not even use x-fi chipset, it was based on old Audigy chip.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Channel-...HJSS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324470912&sr=8-1

actually, you can use your current onboard sound just fine, you just need an extension to connect the mic to the front panel jack. (roccat kave - 3x plug for surround sound and 1x plug for mic)

Back