What speakers to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy again!:wave:

Y'all are just gonna love me - the one and only village *****...

Okie dokie......... If I am on my computer, I am listening to music from it. If I am away from the computer, I am listening to my PC playlists.

My problem is this. I have two cheap (I assume) speakers that came with my Dell, xp service pack 2. I do not have a lot of money, but I would like to upgrade to a set of speakers that have more volume capacity. Any help?
My speakers are Dell.

Also, with my last computer, I got sound from it, without speakers. This one must have the speakers on for sound. Does that mean I need a sound card for good sound?

Thanks again! One more question to follow.:eek:
the village *****

for this question it would help if we knew what country you were in so that we could give you links to the correct sites.

however i will say that you will probably want ones with a sub woofer (a box that goes on the floor and handles the bass) and look on the box (or website if you want to order over the net) for a good watt rating from the main speakers. you could get some good ones that are 1 or 2W but if you want to get decent sound get some that are at least 6 or 10W and get a good pci sound card

Here are a lsit of speakers.

As Daveskater says it would be easier if we knew what country you were from.

But the link i have given you has a lot of speakers listed there, have a good look at them all. Then if you find one you like post it back here and one of us will tell you if it's any good.

And please tell us what country you are situated in.

Regards Jase :)

I have a Labtec 2.1 system, I'm very pleased with it, and it was cheap, less than $30. I also have a Computer Associates? (anyway its CA) 2.1 system that is horrible, so avoid them.

If you are getting sound now you already have a sound card, its just on the motherboard itself. I would NOT buy a soundcard unless when you get the speakers you are terribly displeased with the sound quality. Pretty much any onboard sound in the last 5-7 years is going to be good enough for almost anyone that has a 'normal' speaker setup.

If you want good quality 2.1 speakers Google LogitechZ2300.

If you want 5.1 surround sound Google Logitech Z5500.

You won`t go far wrong with either of those.

It might help, if you told us your budget.

Regards Howard :)

$39.99 speakers with 140Watts

ht391w.jpg

This is what I use for the 3 systems I use in the home office. One HTPC, Video Production and File, Web, Print Server all use Regent HT-391 DPII 5.1 140 Watts Surround Sound. Sub 6" and 5x 4" SAT speakers with center speaker. Bass is very deep good highs.. Today you can get

Ht3917.jpg

This above gives you 80 watts with deep bass and good highs and you can hook-up 2 PCs too it.. DPII 5.1. Sub, SAT and Center Speakers. Simular to that above but smaller. Cost is $39 bucks.

Found at all places Wal-Mart!

Wow oh wow. Thanks folks!!!!!!! I thought I was looking at a situation that I would not be able to afford. That is awesome. Thanks so much for the info!!!
Alas and sigh ....... still the village *****

Yes, Tipstirs are good, but if you were looking for good quality, I'd go for the ones recommended by Howard as they are really good.

Jase123 said:
Yes, Tipstirs are good, but if you were looking for good quality, I'd go for the ones recommended by Howard as they are really good.

More than good they're better than the Logitech ones that are very pricely, The HT-391 and the new one HT-3917 give you Quaility, Sound and Price. You don't have to spend a lot for sound. You get DPII (Dolby Pro Logic II Digital 5.1) You can flip between 2.1 to 5.1. You get to have two inputs for PC1 or PC2 or a game system or even TV, Media MVP anything you want too hook up to it for only $39 bucks. My HT-391 has 140 Watts 6" sub woofer which is active not passive with 5x 4" speakers shielded. Walmart had the HT-391 dropped down to $29 bucks but I had should have got more of them. Oh well, might be on ebay or amazon.

HT-3917 is 60 or 80 WATTS only can get two PCS to it but still the remote can switch between the two inputs there is also video input on some models if needed. You have Sub volume, front, rear, center volume and the master volume control.

Below link is for the manual for the HT-3917

http://www.lenoxx.com/2005/manuals/ht3917/IB-HT3917-WM-E-041506.pdf

I going to get two more of these for the house I use Media MVP in some rooms you just can't hook up a full blown Pioneer Surround Amp.

Those speakers are in no way better than the Logitech speakers.

Both sets of Logitech`s are THX approved and they`re wattage is in RMS, not PMPO. Manufacturers use PMPO to try and make their speakers seem more powerful. Always try and find the power output in RMS if you can.

See HERE for specs on the Z2300`s

HERE for the specs of the Z5500`s.

Both of the Logitech`s will blow those cheap sets speakers you recommended out of the water.

Like anything else, you get what you pay for.

If you get a chance to listen to either set of Logitech`s, I advise you to do so. They`ll just blow you away.

Regards Howard :)

I totally agree with Howard. Those Logitech ones are amazing. And has Howard said, you only get what you pay for.

I've listen to the Logitech they're okay but today price is the issue. You can get some great stuff for $39 bucks.. I guess it's a matter of taste.. THX sound I would buy a Pioneer THX Sounnd System Dolby Digital EX and DST Stereo Surround Sound Reciever for those features. But for the PC that's a lot of money for what Logitech is selling. Lexxon brand is pretty good I have my HT-391 since 2003 all 3 system I've built have 6 Channel sound. I really don't have a problem. The HT-3917 I know a lot of people who use it sounds great. The user needs to go to Wal-mart and listen to the HT-3917. Again this is a matter of taste for sound and price..

I did great something better than I paid for.. Just $39 bucks! -- :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back