What the hell happened? plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivia869

While i was ripping a movie the other day, i had put in my usb flash drive, then my computer rebooted : ( i have no idea why...anyways. So the computer boots back up, and now the keyboard and mouse functions do not work, i can no longer log into windows. i thought maybe it was a random thing, so i reboot again and it does the same thing, no response from my input devices. so i check to make sure these devices are still working by hooking them up to my other pc, sure enough, they still work. so then i test to see if i can even get into the bios. Well, thankfully i can, so it must be something while booting to windows after the post, cause the computer sees the hardware and lets me use it during setup, but not on the windows login screen. i even tried different ports, and different keyboard and mice ( ps2 and usb ) and they all will not work on this now dysfunctional pc. can somebody help me as to why this is happening? this is rather strange, i changed no setting. why working only in bios??! thx

hold down the F8 key while booting up, at the selection screen choose "last know good configuration"

-or-

choose safe mode, and run system restore

well i managed to get into safe mode somehow, but keyboard and mouse activity still doesnt work after windows xp loading screen : (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back