What To do? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have recently purchased a new PCI-Express graphics card for my computer. I just got it today and was all excited. But when I went to go install it inside my computer it didnt fit. I thought "hmm this is strange" and I started to worry. I then realized I dont have PCI-Express card slots!!!!

All I have is three PCI slots. I thought I had PCI- Express slots in there. I don't want to buy a PCI card...I want this one. What should I do? I think I should buy a new motherboard that has a PCI-Express slot. Is that reasonable? If so, could someone maybe point me in the direction of one that I should buy?(I really have no idea which one to buy myself)

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 with a celeron Processor.

I know I made a stupid mistake, laugh at me all you want. But I really need help...any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you

Unless you want to buy a new processor and RAM, then you should look for a board that supports your current CPU and RAM. Depending on the age of your system, this may be impossible.

The Dell mobo needs a Dell psu, so an aftermarket mobo will need an aftermarket psu.

Also, once you install the 'new' mobo and fire it up, even if your OS works, if is Windows they may deny your further use of updates (depends on your license).

I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back