What to pick? i7-920 or FX-8370

DjKraid

The topic states my question rather well...which to pick? -the intel or the amd?
I'm going to rebuild my fiances computer in to an other case and I have the the option to rebuild it either as an AMD rig or as an Intel rig (currently in use). The interweb tellz me nothing, some sites say that the AMD is better and some other sites says that the Intel is better. The downside with those sites is that most of the users who thinks that the i7 is better run their CPU's at ~4GHz but that's something that this rig can't do. The highest I come up to (stable) is 3.4GHz, it sits on a crappy Intel mobo (yes, an actual Intel mobo...) which has the derpiest bios that I have ever seen...and it's slow...as in really slow...you can literally turn the power on n make coffee while you wait for it to load the bios... Anyhow, the mobo I have for the AMD rig (M5A97 LE R2.0) loads way faster...but then...it's AMD...don't like it personally but I'm fairly sure that I can OC it more (up to 4.5-4.8GHz).

Both rigs will have the exact same specs except for the CPU, the rest of the parts will remain the same. Windows (7) will be reinstalled completely since it's moving over to the SSD - yes, clean install is always nice.

So, which one to build?

Back