Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Matrox

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Nvidia

Votes: 96 59.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ati Radeon 7500 DDR here. I love it except for one thing, the frames I'm getting in OpenGL games are 5 or 6 frames faster then my Voodoo 5 5000. And guess what there driver problem (Doh!). The Direct3D performance is eye-watering though :) .

I have a Geforce 4 Ti4200 and I love it..The graphics are pretty mouthwatering with mine too:D .....

I heard some bad news about the Geforce FX. It crashed at some German computer hardware show. The first demo, which mind you was to be built for the Geforce FX, crashed about 3 minutes into the demonstration, the card crashed in the second demo completely, which means the code is probably unfinished along with the card. The only downside to this, not that the Geforce will suck because nVidia always delivers, but that it will be released later in 2003, maybe in April or May. Now this completely sucks, because I was waiting a real demonstration with that card in Doom III, which will probably be allready out and old news:( . Oh well, the card will still own though :D .

Well lets just hope they put the wrong reference card in;) ...That stinks...well I hope they get it out as soon as they can:(

in my primary computer I use a Radeon 8500 128 mb DDR in my kids machine is a Gforce4 Ti4200. my wifes machine has a Radeon 9000 Pro. next week I am going to purchase a Radeon 9500 Pro to replace my 8500.

I have an ATI Radeon All-in-Wonder. It is a nice card, but I think it is soon time to upgrade to the 8500 AIW.

Primary Rig
Radeon 9700pro, and loving it... Better IQ than any Geforce card I've seen so far, and I have yet to experience any problems with the card (no stuttering etc)..

Secondary rig: Voodoo 5 5500 (waiting for the harddrive to come back from service...)

Lying around: Matrox Millenium G200, #9 trio 32/64... I'll probably build up a dos system around the G200

GF 4 Ti-4600 and it rocks.

i had an Intel Graphics controller (32mb) before this so its quite a difference lol.

i hate intel....

I have a Radeon 8500LE in my main machine, which will probably end up being replaced by a 9700 by Christmas, a Radeon 7500 in another machine, and a Matrox G400 lying around here somewhere.

I'm an ATi guy...

Geforce ti4400. Not too bad, but it'll probably be better in the system I plan to build this summer.

Currently my laptop has a GF2 32MB Go card, which I plan to upgrade to an ATI Mobile Radeon 64MB+ after the holidays. I've also gotten nostalgic (spelling) and put down a list of all the other cards I've used in the past.

3dfx - Voodoo Banshee, Voodoo 2, Voodoo 3 3500TV
ATI - Rage Pro
NVidia - GF2, GF2 Go, GF4 440MX

Life of my systems' graphics power:

ATI 4mb Mach64 (I think)
Voodoo 3 2000
TNT2 M64 32mb
Geforce 3 Original
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

I have to agree with MrGaribaldi about the 9700 Pro, the IQ is stunning. Hitman2 @ 1600x1200 with 4xAA and 8xAniso is pretty damn fine. Also played RTCW with all settings full. Smooth as a babies bottom :)

Also after Dell messed up the order on my laptop, my work has received a replacement machine with GF4Go instead of just a replacement card. One of my friends bought the same laptop and he is running it with a ATI 9000 Mobility and says that it runs UT2003 pretty sweetly...

I agree R9700s are currently the best card available, and with GeforceFX(5) probably being delayed it looks like ATi will have the graphics market to themselves, at least for a little while. The R9700 is ATi's best card to date, and they finally seemed to have listened to what has been said and seem to be producing some quality drivers now.

ATI Radeon 8500 64mb BBA

soon to be replaced by an Albatron GF4 TI4200 Turbo :D

I'll finally be able to use the DVI output on my 2nd monitor. If I use it on the R8500 both screen must use the same resolution/refresh rate.:dead:

14-170-010-07.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back