TechSpot

What Utility Programs Do You Use?

By rollingstones
Jul 30, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have used Norton Utilities for a long time,but I decided to take it off of my pc.It tends to conflict with other software,and it hogs up alot of resources.

I found a program called Tune up Utilities 2004.It does not take up alot of resources,and has some nice features.I have been using this for a couple of weeks ,and really like this program.You can try it free for 30 days with full function http://www.tune-up.com/

I was on this site and someone recomended Reg Supreme.I downloaded the program,and it found a ton of errors in my registry.You can fix the problem,and then back it up.It seems like a good program,but I had to run it 6 times on a deep scan.The first time it found 168 errors.I ran it again to make sure my registry was error free,but it found 12 more unneccessary keys.I then ran it 4 more times,and it kept finding the same 12 keys,after it told me they were fixed.GO FIGURE.

I have Tune-up Utilities 2004 (this was rated one of the best)
    CC Cleaner
    Reg Supreme

What utilities do you use to make your system run smooth.Tune up Utilites only found a few errors in my registry,but Reg Supreme found a ton.I'm lost here on what to do for a good combination.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.