What windows should I install? (7 or 8)

I'm in a dilemma right now, should I instal Windows 7 32bit/64bit or Windows 8? Or would I have to buy Windows 7 than upgrade later to Windows 8?
I'm building a PC and wondering what would be best to use for an OS, I'm making a gaming PC, just wanting to know which OS I should use or what you would recommend.
(My parts are being picked from my brother who has experience with the parts and I'm just paying him and going to build it myself (Putting it together) and I have no idea which parts he's buying besides the GFX as being an Nvidia GeForce GTX 650ti 2GB video.)

I say Windows 7! Skip Windows 8 and wait for the next OS release. But that is just me, the next guy will likely say different. Either way I think we can all agree 64-bit is the way to go.
Alright, thank you! I'll be sure to buy the 64-bit version of Windows 7, but I also heard if you have a more high end computer, (Prices from $2,000+ (Built by the buyer) ) receive a 20 FPS boost, but I'll be sure to get Windows 7 64-bit!

Honestly, its not going to make to much of a difference in the long run except in a few areas. However, you should install a 64bit version no matter what.

Now windows 7 is more favored on the desktop for its style and ease of use on the desktop compared to Windows 8/8.1 mainly because of the lack of Metro Style start menu among other things. However, Windows 8 does end up being a little more efficient with system resources and a little bit faster on startup (For instance, my machine from 7 to 8 same everything boots in 4 seconds on 8 versus about 7-8 on 7). If you can get past using metro and just want to have the latest system updates and performance, I would suggest going with 8 for that alone. However if you would prefer to stick with the style of 7 for your desktop, you might want to just go for 7.

Thats my opinion, I actually like 8 and don't mind the Metro albeit I would prefer the old style 7 feel a bit more.

Honestly, its not going to make to much of a difference in the long run except in a few areas. However, you should install a 64bit version no matter what.

Now windows 7 is more favored on the desktop for its style and ease of use on the desktop compared to Windows 8/8.1 mainly because of the lack of Metro Style start menu among other things. However, Windows 8 does end up being a little more efficient with system resources and a little bit faster on startup (For instance, my machine from 7 to 8 same everything boots in 4 seconds on 8 versus about 7-8 on 7). If you can get past using metro and just want to have the latest system updates and performance, I would suggest going with 8 for that alone. However if you would prefer to stick with the style of 7 for your desktop, you might want to just go for 7.

Thats my opinion, I actually like 8 and don't mind the Metro albeit I would prefer the old style 7 feel a bit more.
Why thank you for your opinion! But as you said, the feeling of Windows 7 feels better than Windows 8 for the whole set up, but also takes about 3-4 seconds longer to boot up. Now you just put me into another dilemma! Hahaha.

Go with 7 if you want to get things done. If you just turn on your PC, launch Steam, then launch a game, get 8.

I say Windows 7! Skip Windows 8 and wait for the next OS release. But that is just me, the next guy will likely say different. Either way I think we can all agree 64-bit is the way to go.
Windows 9 is basically going to be a massive adjustment to Windows 8. It will be a nice upgrade from 7.

Back