What would be the best all around processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have a question to ask since i always hear talks about amd being the best for gaming apps but pentium being the best for video editing and multi tasking

my question what would be the best all around processor for doing pretty much every thing :grinthumb

also im new to the board so i guess this is my introduction to the people

Maybe the Athlon FX-60. It's dual core for multitasking. It might not be as good as a single core FX-57 for straight gaming but you said all around.

that proc is about 1100dollors thoguh, you should look into the amd athlon x2 series or intel's 9xx series

Fair enough, swker98, but he did ask for the best and didn't give any cost restrictions. Whenever someone asks for the best in computer components, they have to know high end goodies will cost a lot. :)

BTW, I see you got your motherboard back. :haha:

well yes the fx60 is good if you have mile deep pockets :haha: but i simpily added what i tohght wuodl be the all around proc for the avgarage person

yea my motherboard back, reassembled, but the darn sound problem is driving me insane

any of the X2 or the Pentium D series would be a good all around processor, running from low $200-$400. The prices of the extreme Pentium D and the FX60 are just too rich for my blood.

How can I put this into lamest terms? her it is amd cpu's have to execute 4 lines of code to start an operation Intel only has to execute 2 lines.
Means lower waiting periods. Just to let that fact out if you want to game and run application and don’t want to send a lot of money go for amd x2 3800 I love mine. The Pentium d kinda suck and are more money.

Attachments

• hal-400.jpg
    hal-400.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back