What XP sys file opens folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikescorpio81

Hi all ...

Recently my wife's sisters laptop has had problems opening the disk C: When you double click into it in "My Computer" a search starts inside the folder (well it gives you the option to anyway). If you right click & explore, you get in fine. But that dosent excuse the problem of simply double clicking it.
If anyone knows the default xp file or program to open a folder or drive please let me know. I cant seem to find it anywhere!

To correct this problem I have been going into mycomputer\tools\folderoptions and clicking on the "File Types" tab & selecting drives and clicking "Advanced". Strange as how by default there seems to be only "find" available but it is not set to default. If you install anything else (ie: ACD photoshop) that will appear somewhere inside there too. I have tried adding openfile & quickopen programs from the system32 folder but to no avail.

Need more info or don't understand what im on about?? Let me know!

Cheers :grinthumb

ran through all of the available windows tools (chkdsk, defrag, etc) before posting ... should have probably said that! But yeah, its all been done

Seems some registry keys are corrupt & to fix this annoying problem I simply formatted. Sux but hey, it was well due for one!

ok um, are you saying that when you double click on a folder it opens up a search window instead of opening the folder you wanted opened? well go to, "my documents", tools, folder options, file types, (NONE) File Folder(click advanced), click new. now where it says action, type
'open' and the application used to perform action should be 'rundll32.exe zipfldr.dll,RouteTheCall %L' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back