whatever someone installed what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanimefanx

My sister used the computer and supposedly went on cartoonnetwork.com to play some games she had to install some stuff like Norton Security Scan nss.exe and shockwave player i found like 5 shockwave player installers on the screen she told me it wasnt working so she just kept on clicking on the game and trying to install it and some reason norton security scan was installed when i already have AVG Anti-Virus, AVG Anti-Spyware, AVG Anti-rootkit, adaware se personal and spybot..... its weird because i looked up this norton security scan couldnt find much info on it but that it scans for viruses and stuff so im concerned that my AVG stuff or anything else on my comp maybe ruined also at the time she was on there were 43 processess running until i restarted the computer so i dont know what website she was on or what she was doing but i scanned my comp with anti rootkit and anti spyware and i cant really find anything bad im concerned though can someone help?

and while im at it how do you disable or re-enable startup icons because before when i did something it asked to turn back to normal mode by doing something and i clicked dont show message again so now it starts up a little slow... you know i really need help with this also.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of xanimefanx only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back