What's a good Socket 939 Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave-427SS

I want to upgrade my socket 939 AMD CPU. Ram and vid card just updated. Using Asus A8N SLI Deluxe mobo, 2Gig ram, 7950GT vid card.

Current CPU is 3500+ 2.2GHz.

Any recommendations for decent 939 upgrade??

thanks for all comments....

-

It depends on your budget.

An Athlon 64 X2 4600+ would be pretty good, or you can just overclock your current CPU and get a "free" performance upgrade :)

depending on the revision of your cpu you could get close or exceed the speed of 2.7Ghz wich is quite good.
3500+ is a good single core performer, and it gets better if oc'ed. :)
you could also go with the opty 185 :)(dual core)

If I OC my current CPU, is it easy to just turn it back down if it goes too much OC?

I guess my question is: will I (or can I) ruin my CPU by OC'ing?

thanks

Yes, it is easy to turn back down, and as long as you don't increase the voltage too much it won't damage your computer... well it shouldn't.

As long as you're really careful while OCing you shouldn't do any damage. I have a really bad habit of not paying attention while messing with computers, so naturally I avoid OCing.

As for 939...friend of mine really enjoys his Opteron 165.

OC'ing that should be no problem. I own one and I'm running it at 2.6Ghz, and I've gotten it up to 2.8Ghz easily. Right now my computer runs at 27C at idle and at stock it runs at basically the same thing running on stock cooler and really bad fans haha.

Or if your budget allows theres the FX's [but they're harder to find] and X2's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back