What's better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

If I was to buy a video card for gaming and recording videos with in-game programs like FRAPs and stuff, which should I get? nVidia or Radeon?

Thanks for any help with this! :grinthumb

Depends on the games you wish to play, truly...

ATI Radeon's have the performance crown right now for newer, shader-rich games as their X1800 and X1900 series have a walloping 48 pixel shader pipelines, but they are tad underpowered on fillrate for older games only having 16 pixel texturing pipelines (i.e. older games rich with heavy textures vs. shaders). ATI's can also perform HDR in combination with Antialiasing.

NVIDIA high-end cards are a little shy on shader muscle as they only have 24 pixel shader pipelines, but have incredible fillrate as they also have a full 24 pixel texturing pipelines for meaty texture games (i.e. ala doom3 engine games in "Ultra" texture modes, etc.etc.). NVIDIA cards cannot perform Antialiasing with HDR at this time as they do not provide a method of applying AA on render targets (just framebuffer AA).

It is a matter of personal opinion really. I like Nvidia because Ati seems to be less compatible. But both make very nice cards,

Regards,

Korrupt

yeah its not so much the manufacturer but the make within if you know what I mean. need to know a bit more like price range etc

Yeah I know, I got a nVidia on 1 comp. and Radeon on the other and they both seem pretty good but I havent tried to record videos with FRAPs yet because I havent got to a good point in a game that will be a good record =P

( Games are Doom3, WoW, EQII, Oblivion, and a few other games like City of Heros and other stuff )

well Im gonna guess that your gonna need a good performance card to get a good enough frame rate worthy of capturing video (nobody likes bad frame rate ;) )

Get A NVidia Card
They Give u A Good Performance and quality, Even ATI, But Nvidia been better, they didnt win all of these awards for no reason,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back