Whats Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would say that athlons are the way to go but it depends on what you call better

are you looking to upgrade your cpu without changing your motherboard?

i'm guessing your motherboard is socket A :)

I have a AMD Sempron Processor and i want to get this video card that says it works with AMD Duron or AMD Athlon Class or better will it work for my computer

well semprons are newer than athlon and duron and they don't even make duron's any more, but the athlon line has evolved into dual core cpu's

anywho, what graphics card were you looking at?

i've looked at your other thread and if you have an agp slot you could potentially have a pretty good graphics card, it all just comes down to your budget really

have a look round newegg.com for things within your budget, unless the 5200 is an agp card that you can afford easily but they're pretty old and might not run the latest games very well

The FX5200 is a terrible card for gaming. Getting a new AGP card would potentially need a PSU(Power Supply Unit) upgrade though, so give us your PSU specs by opening up your case and posting the info on the PSU sticker. This is how a typical PSU sticker looks. That'd help us recommend a suitable card for you. Answering your question however, it wouldn't make a difference. The FX5200 would run equally fast as it would on a Duron\Sempron as it would on an Athlon.

If you have an AGP slot:for gaming you will need a faster card than the 5200. I use EVGA (lifetime warranty) 7800 GS for AGP. It requires 350 watts. 41 GB's/sec. bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back