TechSpot

Whats the best AMD motherboard out there?

By paul05
Nov 29, 2005
  1. anyone know any latest motherboard out there? or the best motherboard you guys know? or heard from? or wish to have?
    thanks

just want to know, thats all

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

I might suggest....
    ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe
    http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=739&cid=3

3. paul05

paul05 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 68

thanks alot
    :D

4. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,666

5. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 462

Everyone knows DFI Lanparty Ulta D is hands down, flat out, THE best 939 mobo--for PCI-E.

I do like my Asrock 939 Dual Sata2. It is the best for AGP, and it has PCI-E too. Half the price of the DFI to boot.

6. jettwo

jettwo TS Rookie Posts: 17

Stick with the K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI from MSI, best our company has used in years. The ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe would't be a bad choice either. We have 36 machines in our head-to-head gaming room and all perform perfectly with the MSI board. I wouldn't waste my time on ECS, Asrock, or Chaintech if you want real performance.

7. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 462

The latest is the Asrock 939 Dual Sata2. Dual is for the M2 socket card for future CPU support. It is the talk of most of the performance fourms right now, and for good reason, some people have it to 400 HTT. At 200 HTT, it should be stable as a rock.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.