TechSpot

Whats the best PC Game Controller to get?

By svtcobra
Jun 15, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I currently have a Logitech Wingman Extreme and I didnt realize how bad it was until I got GTA III and it is almost impossible to control the walking and running in the game. The car drives really good but that is all. Any suggestions. I dont mind spending up to $50.00, as long as it is an good responsive controller.

Thanks..
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

I'd reccomend a shiny new Belkin Nostromo n50. The thing works wonderfully with me, it's great for almost all of the games I play. I would be hesitant to say it's not the best, it's been rated very well consistently by well known publications (i.e. - 91% by PCGamer).
    It's basically a miniature keyboard with a D-Pad for your thumb. I know it sounds a bit dumb, but do the math...no learning curve! :D
    Looks a bit like this:
    [​IMG]
  3. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 875

Looks cool Vehementi..Have you tried GTA or any sports games with it yet?
  4. Vehementi

I've played games like NHL and NBA Live on it, and it works pretty good. It was made for FPS' though...
  5. Boogie

Boogie TS Rookie Posts: 77

DITTO....

I really like mine. I play mostly FPS tho.
  6. svtcobra

well then I may have to try this thing....
  7. Vehementi

Yeah, definitely. I've found in my sports games that using the D-Pad as my movement keys works best, and the 10 buttons for miscellaneous functions.
    What's even greater is the red, blue and green shift keys :D I'm finding I don't have enough actions in games for all of them :dead:
  8. svtcobra

9. Vehementi

I bought mine from the same place :grinthumb
    Although I didn't get free shipping :mad:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.