TechSpot

whats the best program to remove spyware and stuff, but its also freee???

By sublime1sw
Jun 3, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anyone have any suggestions. Cause i use freedom antispyware and it dosnt work all the time. Is there anything else

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Spybot search and destroy. Adaware se 1.6. Cwshredder. Spywareblaster. Mcafee avert stinger. all these programmes are free and readily available.

May I suggest that you go HERE and read RBS`s post. You will find links to most of the programmes I mentioned above.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

3. Filard

Filard TS Rookie

Please be careful with Spybot if you are not familiar with it. It sometimes recognizes certain programs as spyware that is not. Just take notice of what it is deleting first.

4. howard_hopkinso

Hello Filard.

I`d be interested if you could give me some examples of what you mean please.

The reason I ask, is because I`ve been using Spybot for a long time, and have never had any problems with it.

5. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

For example Spybot S&D finds the automatic update component of F-Secure antivirus as Backweb Lite. That is correct since BackWeb is the thing used, but in this case it is a tame version that is not spyware. Needless to mention, F-Secure breaks thoroughly if you let Spybot kill the BW component.

6. howard_hopkinso

Thanks Nodsu.

I was just curious, as I`d never heard of Spybot breaking anything before.

7. Filard

Filard TS Rookie

oh well, i was beaten to it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.