Whats the best Socket 939 processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillaFx

Whats the fastest, most reliable processor out on the market today for socket 939. I currently own an amd athlon FX-57 which is brand new but for some reason CPU goes really high and i just realized it has only one core. that operates at only 2.8Ghz.

The fastest CPU for socket 939 is the Athlon 64 FX 60. It has 2 cores, and operates @ 2.6 Ghz.

Regards :wave:

It's a tie. FX57 is 2.8GHz single core, and FX60 is 2.6GHz dual core. Neither one overclocks very well.

If you are willing to overclock, the Opteron 165 might be better. It is 1.8Ghz stock, but it can go past 3.0Ghz easily, making it faster than the FX57 or FX60. Also, it is dual core, with 1MB L2 Cache per core.

You've made a number of threads about your FX57 having trouble with runescape/JAVA I have noticed, and I can't help thinking that you should reinstall windows. If that doesn't work, get a new CPU and be done with it. :)

Well I get what ur saying, but thats what im trying to do, im trying to rule out all problems including my ram.

Run Memtest to test your RAM. Has to be done outside of Windows, and takes a while so plan accordingly.

Java is pretty slow on everything, if it was better people wouldn't make flash games, they'd make java :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back