What's the best way to unplug laptop cable internal connectors on motherboard etc?

rodion15

I get a bit jittery when I'm unplugging cable connectors (these images are just examples, I'm thinking of all types of connectors). What's the best way to safely unplug them?, pull from the cables or from the plastic case. What's your experience?. This pics are just a few examples of connectors. I'm posting this thread about any type of connectors. Thank you.
lUllecb.jpg

Q8I67yE.jpg

b93MfXC.jpg

Many simply pull apart. Watch out for the ones with locking tabs though. I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as you take your time.

Avoid pulling by the wires. You should pull on the plastic connectors. While you can get away with it sometimes or even most of the time but it is better to use the connectors. This is no different than disconnecting electrical connectors on an automobile, BTW.

Avoid pulling by the wires. You should pull on the plastic connectors. While you can get away with it sometimes or even most of the time but it is better to use the connectors. This is no different than disconnecting electrical connectors on an automobile, BTW.
Thanks for your answer. Many times it's hard to put your nails or a black stick on the plastic connector. I wonder if there's some other tool to help me on that.

You can use needle nose pliers or regular pliers depending on the size of the connectors, however, when applicable you still need to unlock the connector by pressing or pulling on the clasp or locking device. Gently rock the connector back and forth as you pull.

These are my favorite tools for the job. Especially when you need to get to more cramped spaces where my fingers wont fit. These have a rubber coating at the end so it minimizes the risk of static electric myths and so on. But more importantly give you a good grip on the plastic 2,3,4 pin connectors. :)rudded.gif
If you don't have one handy, id go for what mailpup said "Gently rock the connector back and forth as you pull."

Same goes for the tool I use.

These are my favorite tools for the job. Especially when you need to get to more cramped spaces where my fingers wont fit. These have a rubber coating at the end so it minimizes the risk of static electric myths and so on. But more importantly give you a good grip on the plastic 2,3,4 pin connectors. :)View attachment 80262
If you don't have one handy, id go for what mailpup said "Gently rock the connector back and forth as you pull."

Same goes for the tool I use.

Thanks for your answer. These pliers look fine. What's the brand/model?

Back