Whats the diff between evga7600gt and xfx7600gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitusRX100

I'm still studying up on some graphics cards and I am seeing the EVGA 7600GT high clocks at 600 and costs $199 after rebate and there medium 7600GT that clocks in at 580 is $164 after rebate.
XFX 7600GT High clocks at 590 but has more memory and costs $159 after rebate here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150140
This sounds like a good deal to me. Which would you all suggest? IS XFX better for the lower price? Or is Evga better?

the xfx has very high memory clocks (1600 I think?). The standard cards have 1400, the evga CO has 1500, the evga superclocked has 1560 and the xfx xxx edition has 1600. The core clocks go from 560 stock, to 580 evga CO, 590 XFX xxx, and 600 evga superclocked. I don't mention bfg or asus because I dont think they're worth the money for the clock speeds, and any other manufacturer, I simply haven't looked at.

eVGA is known for their great warranties. I've been told that they allow overclocking, and allow you to replace the stock cooler (a good thing since 7600gt coolers are LOUD). As long as there is no physical damage, you're fine. I think XFX offers a 1+1 meaning lifetime for you and lifetime for someone that you sell it to, but I do not believe that covers overclocking or after market coolers, so its not quite as nice as eVGA's.

I'd say that at the prices you said, go with the xfx xxx edition because the clocks are quite high and it is only slightly more expensive than the eVGA CO but be aware of the terms of the warranty and consider eVGA if you're going to OC or replace the cooler and want the card to stay under warranty.

I hope this helps somewhat!

edit: hmm yeah the xfx looks like its 199. If this is the case, I personally don't think the increase in performance of the higher clocked cards will make up for the 20% increase in the price of the card, and I would go with the eVGA 7600gt CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back