TechSpot

What's the problem?

By Mamona
Aug 6, 2006
  1. I can't acess system restore, can't acess user accounts, IE starting to mess up,
    even when I change the internet options, it visually changes (checkmarked box) but it makes literally no difference to the internet itself. It wasn't always like this, help and suggestions please. Is this a virus?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you suspect a virus, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Mamona only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. Mamona

Mamona TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well, done all the steps, cleaned out quite a bit, guess it was my fault for not scanning. XP Anyways, here's what left of my log after deleting the unwantends.

4. howard_hopkinso

Are you sure that`s a full HJT log? It seems awfully short of entries, especially in the 023 category.

The log is clean BTW.

Regards Howard :)

5. Mamona

I fixed a lot of them, there were many more. :p Didn't help much though. ;-;
    I'm really thinking of buying a new computer.

6. howard_hopkinso

Have you tried doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE?

It may help.

7. Mamona

Heh, can't do that. :p
    My Windows CD broke, even though when I tried to use it to format, it didn't work. >,<

8. howard_hopkinso

Oh dear, that`s not good.

Maybe you should open a new thread for your problems in our Windows OS forum.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

This thread is for the use of Mamona only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

9. Mamona

Hah, got one in there too. :D
    Thanks for all the help, Howard, greatly appreciated.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.