What's the problem?

By Mamona
Aug 6, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't acess system restore, can't acess user accounts, IE starting to mess up,
    even when I change the internet options, it visually changes (checkmarked box) but it makes literally no difference to the internet itself. It wasn't always like this, help and suggestions please. Is this a virus?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you suspect a virus, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Mamona only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  3. Mamona

Mamona Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Well, done all the steps, cleaned out quite a bit, guess it was my fault for not scanning. XP Anyways, here's what left of my log after deleting the unwantends.
  4. howard_hopkinso

Are you sure that`s a full HJT log? It seems awfully short of entries, especially in the 023 category.

The log is clean BTW.

Regards Howard :)
  5. Mamona

I fixed a lot of them, there were many more. :p Didn't help much though. ;-;
    I'm really thinking of buying a new computer.
  6. howard_hopkinso

Have you tried doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE?

It may help.

7. Mamona

Heh, can't do that. :p
    My Windows CD broke, even though when I tried to use it to format, it didn't work. >,<
  8. howard_hopkinso

Oh dear, that`s not good.

Maybe you should open a new thread for your problems in our Windows OS forum.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

This thread is for the use of Mamona only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  9. Mamona

Hah, got one in there too. :D
    Thanks for all the help, Howard, greatly appreciated.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.