TechSpot

What's using up all CPU?

By romulis13
Jan 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Task manager: http://imgur.com/n6DUrhI

    Any help is appreciated!


    System Information:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer System manufacturer
    System Model System Product Name
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5303, 10/18/2012
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7.45 GB
    Available Physical Memory 4.78 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 14.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 12.0 GB
     
  2. St1ckM4n

    St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

    Click the bottom-left 'show processes from all users', then organise by CPU usage. Send up the pic of that.

    Also expand the first and last collumns, since a process chewing up 93% of CPU is actually shown on your original screenshot.
     
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  3. romulis13

    romulis13 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    Show processes from all users: http://imgur.com/MFXn8Ik,GdZvLNT,VIa8pPj
    (3 parts to it)

    Theres also a process called uwhl.com which when I try to open file location or close it, it closes everything that is open...
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
  4. romulis13

    romulis13 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    Oh help, heres the process. Whenever I do anything with it, it shuts down all open applications http://imgur.com/EbZBok7
     
  5. cliffordcooley

    cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,239   +1,548

    From what I can tell MS Security Essentials is using 41% CPU. I might could see what is using the other 59%, but the screen shot is sorted for memory usage instead of CPU usage.

    Edit:
    Wait I didn't see the second image. There is a WinDLLClient using 64% CPU usage. What is the description for this file?

    And then the third image shows this file again with even more CPU usage, up to 87%. This is definitely the file using up all your CPU power. If you kill the process on this one file, does it start back again?
     
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  6. St1ckM4n

    St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

    I'd possibly suggest you go to the malware forums for help. Clifford?
     


Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...


Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.