Whats wrong please (hijackthis attached)

By liverpoolrdbest
Apr 4, 2007
  1. I have a 3 month old sony vaio laptop and it already has some bug on it :( I've installed hardly anthing and haven't used it much but...

Recently when on normal desktop I get lots of random foreign (chinese I think) webpages pop up. Also when I logon sometimes I can't see any start menu / icons etc. just a blank background (which I ctrl-alt-delete and log out - try again). And finally I did get random restarts for a few days which seemed to have stopped but now (even worse) I get a blue screen with loads of writing - driver_corrupted_mmpool

Damn its so annoying! What should I do - any advice is very appreciated. I've attached a hijackthis log if anyone could tell me what to fix please!

Many thanks in advance.
  2. ksml

ksml TS Rookie

Dear liverpoolrdbest, please follow the instructions given below carefully..

1.) Clean up your temp. files and Recycle Bin using the Windows Disk Cleanup Utility.

2.) Download Killbox and save it to your desktop.

3.) Restart Windows into Safe mode.

4.) Scan using HJT and fix the following entries.

5.) Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it.
    Put a tick by Standard File Kill.
    In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time.
    Click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file.
    It will ask for confimation to delete the file.
    Click Yes.
    Continue with that procedure until you have pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box.

Note: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist.
    If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.

6.) Restart Windows normally.

7.) Goto Start Menu/Run and type "SFC /scannow". Insert your OS CD and let it do the repairs with the OS.

8.) Make sure that you are using the latest version of Java.
  3. liverpoolrdbest

liverpoolrdbest TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks a lot for the reply, (sorry about mine being so late),

I have done what you said, apart from:
    'Insert your OS CD and let it do the repairs with the OS'

As my laptop came without discs (sony).

It has gotten rid of the random restarts but still I am getting popups and the blue screen.

Any more ideas? Also, I have only recently made System Restore Discs (possibly when the 'bug' thing was on it), will this mean it has saved it to the discs I made??

Many thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.