F.E.A.R
Oblivion
And a really old game called Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee :D

What's your favorite games?

Call Of Duty 2
Rome Total War
Counter Strike
Hitman Blood money

are my most recent favourites.... Think my favourite of all was the original carmaggeddon game... its a pitty there is nothing like it now I had so much fun with that back in the day! :)

Yeah Carmaggedon was a fun game!

I really like Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee because the whole point of the game was to hide from the guards from being turned into a snack ( or something like that, Havent played it in like 7 years :haha: )

The fun part was mind controling the guards and have them turn on a big fan then run into it ;)

Never played abes oddysee, it was one of those games like so many others slipped through my fingers due to Carmaggeddon and Jedi Knight dark forces 2 and Total Anihilation :)

So wish I had a computer capable of playing Rome Total War or something at the moment.... am gasping to ride a few thousand peasants into the ground with my war eliphants :)

Yeah, I got the demo to Medieval II: Total War from Steam and my computer cant run it for crap ( I get like 10 FPS ) because I zoom in really close because I dont like far view and all you can see is like 879645328764531287645312 people close up to their faces and when they fight it's crazy :haha:

Yeah its a seriously demanding game by the sounds of things.... hope my new system will be up to the challenge....

Still I feel Rome Total War is gonna remain my favourite.... somehow it feels pure and more impressive controling Roman legions than it does knights.... that might just be my opinion though.... plus Medieval 2 doesnt have the Hastati ;) Love those guys! :)

Lol yeah, My favorite RTS though would have to be Zero Hour because it's really fun to bomb people with nukes :haha:

Nah I much prefer obliterating the Carthaginians while simultaneously seizing control of Rome! :)

Reigning down fireballs and flaming arrows is more my style.... get to watch the individuals burn before sweeping through there cities with thousands of legionaires leaving no hope of escape! Always exterminate the population aswell as to fill there smauldering homes with my own citizens! lol

Yes I am completley ruthless in those games.... I also love zooming in close when your guys are marching and hearing the thunderous noise of thousands of troops moving! lol Im sure I must have been a war lord or something in a past life! :) lol

Only thing that annoys me about the total war games is when the remainder of their troops do a runner and your guys are so exhausted they cant catch up so are just wondering all over the map! lol

Lol yeah I usualy just make the march all together in a formation then when we get next to another army / castle then I charge them all at once and the attack :D

I usualy keep the archers way in the back so they can shoot any survivors that my army hasnt killed and when they run I get the horsemen to chase them down :haha:

Oh dear.... Im a tad more tactical than that..... try this spread your archers out the full length of your line behind your main assault troops.... cover the flanks with spearmen or cavalry have more spearmen behind your archers.... then get a squad of disposable men and charge the enemy line.... when they get hammered pull them back through your lines and let rip with your archers.... rinse and repeat,,,,

I basically keep my archers firing until they run out of arrows before encircling the enemy with my assault troops and slaughtering the survivors

Yeah Im tatical too but when I do play games like BF2142 / BF2 every just goes and gets Headshoted while im the only one with 30-2 and the rest are like 0-10000
In RTS I just build 3-4 diffrent buildings and put the check ( the thing they go to when they are made ) into alot of diffrent zones around my town and I build a wall around my main town with alot of towers around the walls then when I get my squads all made I send 2 groups go to the front, 3 to the sides and 1 in the back. When I destroy all the infanty / anti-air I send in my airplanes to bomb them and bring in helicopters to put more infantry there

My favourite games are BF2, FEAR, Oblivion, Guild Wars, Warcraft 3, Shattered Galaxy, and Final Fantasy 3.

Harvest Moon 64
HL Series
SW Jedi Academy
Smash Bro's --any version as long as its multiplayer
CS:S -DoD:S
F.E.A.R was good, graphics blew me away--I thought the weapons were slightly uninspired and the Machine gun felt funny.
WoW, SWG before the CU/NGE, old UO, etc etc
Starcraft
Any C&C game.
GTA 3 and above
FF7-- of course.

final fantasy 7
final fantasy 8
final fantasy x
The chronicles of Riddick EFBB
GTA vice city
Killzone
Gran Turismo 4
Oblivion
Fear

Yeah Killzone is a awesome game but the reason it's not my favorite is because when you use the scope with a sniper rifle you cant see :(

i have plenty of all time favorites but im going to say that in the last 3 years, judging by most playing time i will go with

far cry (cant beat the online mode, i played a bootleg for a whole year before i was sooo moved that i went and bought the original - my buddy did as well)
gran turismo 4
zelda wind waker
grandia II - for dreamcast (RIP - seriously mine died or i would still be playing) got the pc version a year ago but i couldnt get myself to waste time on stuff i already did
grand theft auto series - theyre good time wasters
baseball 2005
ikaruga - shooter for gamecube

SWG was is and probably will always be mine. What can I say I'm addicted. Even with the changes to CU and then NGE. The game is back on an upswing with server population back on the rise.

I am also really looking forward to the Age of Conan. If they can ever get out of closed beta. Maybe that will be the game to tear me away from SWG.

dfolsom77 said:
SWG was is and probably will always be mine. What can I say I'm addicted. Even with the changes to CU and then NGE. The game is back on an upswing with server population back on the rise.

I am also really looking forward to the Age of Conan. If they can ever get out of closed beta. Maybe that will be the game to tear me away from SWG.

You must truly be a die hard fan my friend, I played SWG from UK release.... suffered all the changes, nerfs etc etc and took a 9month break from playing with no intention to go back until I was tempted to go back by YET more so called changes..... the end result is I no longer play the game was a good idea but sadly a floored product with string after string of broken promises

I only hope Age Of conan doesnt prove to be as dismal an experience, and such a waste of 3 years of my gaming life.

I know I need help....... I would really like to look into Vangaurd when it comes out. But since it is an SOE game. I'm not to sure. They cant break me of my Star Wars addiction but they can turn me off from other titles they release. Even though it might be a great game.

I think Funcom will do a good job with AoC and we may even see the next big MMO although I wonder how the M rating will play into to that.

With it being designed to cater for an adult audience I think mmo gamers will flock to it for that added gore!

but only time will tell

Yeah SWG was one of my favorites but like Cpt_subtext said, they nerfed alot of stuff ( including the Jedis, Those guys are really fun :D ) and since the release it changed almost fully... Almost none of the original stuff is still there because people always complained "Teh JeDis are 0verpawered!" :haha:

My main concerns with that game where firstly the fact that players could even become Jedi, it was my understanding that all but a few remained, okay so let some players become Jedi but keep it to only a few at a time and have it random not something that can be quested towards! :S Also the fact that most of the major cities lay deserted because people where building there own scruffy towns on every corner ruining the landscapes etc.... why not populate the cities???

Then the lack of atmospheric flight, not to mention in game atmosphere I could go on an on an on like the energiser bunny but it will do no good! :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back