What's your FPS in WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namja

I have a radeon x1600 pro, p4 3.0 ghz, 1gb ram and i can't seem to get over 30 fps. any thoughts on this? post your specs and fps

namja said:
I have a radeon x1600 pro, p4 3.0 ghz, 1gb ram and i can't seem to get over 30 fps. any thoughts on this? post your specs and fps

On what settings?

namja said:
i turned it all settings to the highest but fps is around the same on default

Have you udated your drivers to the newest stable version?

namja said:
I have your same GFX Card and RAM and get around an average of 50 to 80 FPS. Try tweaking catalyst to overall balanced or performance settings, also is your card PCIE or AGP?

namja said:
catalyst software suite version 6.12? is that the newest stable version?

It is AGP
Ah, AGP would explain why it's a little low. And yes that Catalyst version seems to be the latest. I suggest going through the video options and turn down things like spell quality, draw distance, etc. It should be able to help and doesn't sacrifice alot. The good thing about WoW is that it looks great even when the settings are all at bare minimum, and also tweak the overall catalyst control as stated before.

BenRain said:
Ah, AGP would explain why it's a little low. And yes that Catalyst version seems to be the latest. I suggest going through the video options and turn down things like spell quality, draw distance, etc. It should be able to help and doesn't sacrifice alot. The good thing about WoW is that it looks great even when the settings are all at bare minimum, and also tweak the overall catalyst control as stated before.

Make sure you have "vsync." off. This can significatly lower fps and it does nothing extrodinary.

Just updated a family member for Christmas (they got a new 775/pci-e system with ddr2-667). Got their old PC here to throw the parts in the scrap heap.

For grins, threw XP and some stuff on it. Even threw WoW on it for laughs..

Pentium 3-1000EB (1ghz), 512mb of PC-133 ram, 20 gig IDE drive, Radeon 9000 AGP (Former AOL dial-up PC)

At 1024x768, medium settings- gets about 15-22 fps in Orgrimmar. 12-17 fps in battleground LOL.

Hey, it even pushes a whopping 5450 3dmarks in 3dmark 2001se. And CS:S Stress test pushes an amazing 34 fps, 1024x768 medium settings. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back